Home Forums Blog Talk Blog Hops – Linky List Thumbnails

8 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia 9 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Summer
      Participant
      @borderterriersruleOK

As I am not yet an accepted member of the Blog Hops group, and am boiling over with curiosity for this topic I have been wondering about for a while now, I decided I would post here and now!

I was wondering whether anyone knew what was expected of linky list thumbnails. Are you supposed to use your blog badge, or a photo relevant to the post your link up with as the thumbnail when you link up? I have been doing a bit of both and others seem to also do their own thing. 

Thanks!

Earl Lover 🙂

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

I tend to use both. But the hops that I co host, I always use my badge

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

There are some variations but most people link up a thumbnail of a photo relevant to their post and use the name of their blog in the text field (appears under your photo in the linky list)

Cathy
      Participant
      @stunningkeisha

I link relevant to the post from that day.

Mary DiTosto
      @yourdesignerdog

I asked this question a month or two ago and got mixed answers. But some people mentioned that they are less likely to visit a blog during a hop if you use the same picture all the time, so I decided to always use the picture that goes with the post of the day.

Summer
      Participant
      @borderterriersruleOK

Thanks everyone!

Summer
      Participant
      @borderterriersruleOK

Hi again, 

I have chosen to go for the relevant pic in the thumbnail and the blog title in words at the bottom. On b&w sunday, doing this brought me a lot of comments!

Thanks.

CJ and My Favorite Pup Jasmine
      @myfavpupjasmine

I don’t think it matters.  Sometimes I use a relevant pic that relates to what the post was about.  Sometimes I just use my badge.  I don’t think there’s a standard.  Whatever you want to do!

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Yeah…there is no standard. Sometimes one gets you more visits than the other though. Try both ( alternate) and see what works best 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.