Home Forums Be The Change December is Giving Month

10 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Cathy 9 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

We’d love to hear how you’re inspired to give back this month to pets in need. Do you donate gifts to local shelters? Fund-raise for a rescue group? 

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

I have been donating money to local shelters in my area. At my handmade pet jewelry shop on the blog we donate a potion of our makings xx

Cathy Connolly
      @crush97

We for more years than we can remember have been members of the ASPCA, HSUS and our Michigan Humane Society along with supporting our 2 nearest county shelters.   We give to all of these groups through out the year, but December is when our hearts break even more, for all those pets in need.  For those that haven’t yet gotten their forever homes and will be spending their Christmas in a rescue or shelter.  Because Christmas for our pets is a big deal, the stockings go up when the tree goes up.  All of our furkids check their Christmas stocking several times a day to see if  Santa Paws has been here.  So, with that, December is when we make sure that a donation goes to each of the groups that aren’t local.  I start buying snacks for those in our local shelters and this year we found a wonderful gift for cats and kittens.  It ‘s called the “Stretch and Scratch “, a personal little scratch box for those in cages, and the best part is that it GOES with them when they are adopted.  This really makes us feel good that they will have something of their own, something that gives them exercise and enjoyment.  We purchased 25 for each of the shelters this Christmas.  They are very affordable!  Our deliveries started Tuesday and will be finished up today. 

So, that’s our Christmas, the heart feels good and prayers are said for all those pets waiting for that forever home and to be loved at Christmas and through out the year.

Glogirly
      Participant
      @glogirl

This year a number of cat bloggers worldwide are joining together for an event we’re calling the Santa Kitty Toy Hop. Each blogger participating will be delivering donations of food, treats, toys, furniture… whatever they are able to give… to a local shelter in their own back yard. Each blogger will be sharing this cool event with their readers and encouraging everyone to give something, no matter how small, to their own local shelters. Many bloggers will be photographing the donation deliveries at the shelters and sharing that in their blog posts. 

Janiss Garza (Summer at Sparklecat.com) has created a great graphic we’ll be sharing and she will also be hosting a blog hop for all of the Santa Kitty Toy Hop posts. (December 12-19)

What’s particularly wonderful about this event, besides spreading joy to some smaller shelters, is that it’s a wonderful example of cat bloggers coming together to help shelter pets in a very creative way. It’s an idea that grew from the community with a number of bloggers pitching in to make it happen.

Cathy Connolly
      @crush97

Glogirly, I love this idea!!

GLOGIRLY said:

This year a number of cat bloggers worldwide are joining together for an event we’re calling the Santa Kitty Toy Hop. Each blogger participating will be delivering donations of food, treats, toys, furniture… whatever they are able to give… to a local shelter in their own back yard. Each blogger will be sharing this cool event with their readers and encouraging everyone to give something, no matter how small, to their own local shelters. Many bloggers will be photographing the donation deliveries at the shelters and sharing that in their blog posts. 

Janiss Garza (Summer at Sparklecat.com) has created a great graphic we’ll be sharing and she will also be hosting a blog hop for all of the Santa Kitty Toy Hop posts. (December 12-19)

What’s particularly wonderful about this event, besides spreading joy to some smaller shelters, is that it’s a wonderful example of cat bloggers coming together to help shelter pets in a very creative way. It’s an idea that grew from the community with a number of bloggers pitching in to make it happen.

Cathy
      Participant
      @stunningkeisha

Every year around this time, I look for things we may not need—cat toys/treats/furniture as well as blankets, towels, cleaning supplies, dishes—and donate them to my local rescue. This year I’m proud to be joining with the Santa Kitty Toy Hop that Glogirly describes above. We also donate to the Santa Paws Drive for shelter pets that Dorian Wagner and her elves have been doing for the past 5 years. Dorian has decided to do it again this year although it’s getting a late start.

Glogirly
      Participant
      @glogirl

Oh Wow!  I didn’t realize Dorian was doing the Santa Paws Drive after all! : )

Cathy Keisha said:

Every year around this time, I look for things we may not need—cat toys/treats/furniture as well as blankets, towels, cleaning supplies, dishes—and donate them to my local rescue. This year I’m proud to be joining with the Santa Kitty Toy Hop that Glogirly describes above. We also donate to the Santa Paws Drive for shelter pets that Dorian Wagner and her elves have been doing for the past 5 years. Dorian has decided to do it again this year although it’s getting a late start.

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

I donated a bunch of toys and other products to Michigan Humane at the end of November when I went to the Novi Pet Expo in Detroit………I sponsor a kitty at Tabby’s Place and I give to individual cats and other organizations throughout the year. I will also be participating in Dorian’s annual Santa Paws Drive which I am thrilled that she brought back, I try and participate in that whenever I can. I try to give whenever I am able to, all year, not just at the holidays.

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

I absolutely love this idea! 

GLOGIRLY said:

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

Please jog my memory when this goes live so I can cover it and curate some of the posts from the hop on the BlogPaws blog to help spread the word! 

Cathy Keisha said:

Cathy
      Participant
      @stunningkeisha

Robbi, will do. Here’s the official announcement of the Santa Kitty Toy Hop. http://www.sparklecat.com/special/announcing-the-santa-kitty-toy-hop

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.