Home Forums Blog Talk Experience with Tomoson and/or ContentBlvd?

9 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Ann 8 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Nicholas Podrasky
      Participant
      @nicholas

Hello. Anyone in the group have experience/feedback with working with outfits like Tomoson and ContentBlvd? We have a client setting up accounts with both, and I’d love to hear any feedback from the blogger end of the equation.

Thank you,

Nicholas.

Jessica
      Participant
      @Beaglesandbargains

I haven’t tried ContentBlvd, but I have had a pretty terrible experience on Tomoson. For the most part, I never hear back from promotions/brands I’m interested in working with. I’m solicited by brands that don’t make any sense for my blog. And the two brands that I was supposed to work with never sent the product and never responded to any of my messages.

I know some people have had good experiences, so from the blogger perspective, I think it has a lot to do on how the brand uses the site. As long as they are active on it and respond regularly, I think it will be great for them.

Abby Chesnut
      Participant
      @chesnutmutt

I have used Tomoson a little bit and I liked it. Only really worked with one brand though

Nicholas Podrasky
      Participant
      @nicholas

Okay. Thank you Jessica and Abby. I believe ContentBlvd is still in beta. Sounds like the ‘trick’ with Tomoson is to make sure it is actually managed. That seems reasonable. 🙂

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

I’ve used Tomoson twice. The first time went well and I had no issues. The second time, I apparently put $0 in as my fee even though I do not do free product reviews. I emailed after a month of not being paid, and they told me I had applied at $0. I’m not so keen on it anymore. I think user experience there is very dependent upon the brand you’re working with. There seem to be a lot of “questionable” promotions there (at least to me), which may deteriorate the overall value of the site for bloggers. 

I personally prefer it when a brand reaches out directly to me with an email.  

Nicholas Podrasky
      Participant
      @nicholas

Thanks, Ann. Good insight. If someone appears to have bid $0 it’s best to confirm before proceeding.Noted.

When you say ‘questionable’ is it the nature of the promotion or the product itself?

-nap

Ann Staub said:

I’ve used Tomoson twice. The first time went well and I had no issues. The second time, I apparently put $0 in as my fee even though I do not do free product reviews. I emailed after a month of not being paid, and they told me I had applied at $0. I’m not so keen on it anymore. I think user experience there is very dependent upon the brand you’re working with. There seem to be a lot of “questionable” promotions there (at least to me), which may deteriorate the overall value of the site for bloggers. 

Jessica
      Participant
      @Beaglesandbargains

That’s odd Ann… especially since the default is like $200 or something.

Ann Staub said:

Jeanne
      Participant
      @jm-just-us

I’ve done a lot of reviews with Tomoson. It’s straightforward, easy to use, and the companies are always great to work with too.  The only complaint I have with Tomoson is trying to contact their support. They rarely, if ever, respond.

I don’t know anything about ContentBlvd. I think I’ll look them up. 🙂

Jeanne

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

Some of the Amazon reviews seem iffy to me… they want you to have Amazon Prime so they don’t have to pay for shipping. Or use codes and go purchase the product yourself. And some of the stuff just seems like questionable products in general I think. Maybe it just seems questionable because there is a lack of communication that I am used to experiencing with emails. I guess it’s just a vibe that I get.

Nicholas Podrasky said:

Thanks, Ann. Good insight. If someone appears to have bid $0 it’s best to confirm before proceeding.Noted.

When you say ‘questionable’ is it the nature of the promotion or the product itself?

-nap

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

Yea… I remember putting my fee in. I just wouldn’t have agreed to do it if I had known it wasn’t paid. Especially since there was a video included. The Tomoson lady just sent me a screenshot showing that I had put $0 in. Perhaps it was user error on my behalf somehow, but it just makes me like email communication that much more. 

Jessica Shipman said:

That’s odd Ann… especially since the default is like $200 or something.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.