Home Forums New SLC Members Getting To Know You!

43 replies, 22 voices Last updated by Rachel 8 years ago
Viewing 43 reply threads
  • Author

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

We have seen the BlogPaws Community grow by leaps and bounds in recent weeks and months. Let’s do a bit of a “getting to know you.” Ask questions. Introduce yourself (You don’t have to be new to do that because even if you’d introduced yourself before you will be “new” to the other newcomers!) 

Friend like minded pet lovers in the Community. 

Ask questions. Join Groups. 

Ready. Set. Go! 

Cat Davis
      @mombeachblog

Okay, I’ll start 🙂

My name is Cat Davis and I write for Mom by the Beach blog. It’s only 2 months old but I was actually a blogger for 8 years before the change. I started as 3 Kids and Us, later rebranded to Food Family & Finds and quit blogging in May 2015 when our family moved from IL to SC. Once we got settled here I decided to start fresh.

I’ve been a SAHM since my first child was born in 2001. Now we have 3, a son and 2 daughters. Since then we’ve add FIVE cats to our family. Yes, I’m a total crazy cat lady. There’s Sebastian, a red tabby shorthair exotic, Muffy, a white shorthair exotic, Chip a grey/white rescue and our two newest kittens, Callie a tabby calico Highland Lynx and O’Malley, her brother, a tabby Highland Lynx.

You can see them all here http://www.mombythebeach.com/our-family-just-grew-from-6-to-11/

Marie Amsterdam
      @mariedogwalker

Hello everyone!

I’m Marie also known as “Mariedogwalker”. My blogs are “The Paw Print Island” (http://www.thepawprintisland.com) – dog and cat fun and information. Also, the home of the “Find A Friend Friday” posts where I spotlight an adoptable animal to help spread the word about adoptable pets. 

At my blog “The Kitty Corner” (http://www.thekittycorner.wordpress.com) it is all about the kitties!

My dog Dallas and Cats Tiger and Violet provide inspiration for many of my posts. We can also be found on twitter (@Mariedogwalker) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/thepawprint island) (http://www.facebook.com/Mariedogwalker).

I have been blogging for about 5 years and find the most challenging part of blogging is getting followers. Spreading the word about my blogs brings traffic (which is good) but few sign up to follow. Any advice on that would be great!

Looking forward to meeting new bloggers and their blogs.

Christine Caplan
      Participant
      @christycaplan

Hi all! I’m new-ish. I live in Portland, Oregon with three hounds and my blog is called http://www.mylifewithdogspdx.com. I’m so happy to be part of the Blog Paws group and I hope I can join you all in 2016 for the conference. I also appreciate everyone’s help onboarding me these past few months. I’m on the board of an animal welfare organization called Core Paws, that help promote hard to place animals and we partner with shelters across Oregon. Thanks!

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel.dejong28

Hi everybody,

I’m Rachel and my blog is about and for Speedy my pet house rabbit Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny ,he can also be found on Facebook Speedy and on instagram @cheeky_speedy.We like in the UK in a small village on the edge of Dartmoor in south Devon where wild ponies live.Speedy gets to go on adventures on and around Dartmoor,to our local pub and even gets to go to the beach.we have been Blogging since 2012 and our blog is all about the fun we have together!

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

Thank you for taking the plunge and starting the conversation! I can’t wait to go check out your site! 

Cat Davis said:

Okay, I’ll start 🙂

My name is Cat Davis and I write for Mom by the Beach blog. It’s only 2 months old but I was actually a blogger for 8 years before the change. I started as 3 Kids and Us, later rebranded to Food Family & Finds and quit blogging in May 2015 when our family moved from IL to SC. Once we got settled here I decided to start fresh.

I’ve been a SAHM since my first child was born in 2001. Now we have 3, a son and 2 daughters. Since then we’ve add FIVE cats to our family. Yes, I’m a total crazy cat lady. There’s Sebastian, a red tabby shorthair exotic, Muffy, a white shorthair exotic, Chip a grey/white rescue and our two newest kittens, Callie a tabby calico Highland Lynx and O’Malley, her brother, a tabby Highland Lynx.

You can see them all here http://www.mombythebeach.com/our-family-just-grew-from-6-to-11/

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

Great question about how to get blog traffic. Anyone have any suggestions? 

You must be busy with the various blogs! Thank you for sharing! 

Marie Amsterdam said:

Hello everyone!

I’m Marie also known as “Mariedogwalker”. My blogs are “The Paw Print Island” (http://www.thepawprintisland.com) – dog and cat fun and information. Also, the home of the “Find A Friend Friday” posts where I spotlight an adoptable animal to help spread the word about adoptable pets. 

At my blog “The Kitty Corner” (http://www.thekittycorner.wordpress.com) it is all about the kitties!

My dog Dallas and Cats Tiger and Violet provide inspiration for many of my posts. We can also be found on twitter (@Mariedogwalker) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/thepawprint island) (http://www.facebook.com/Mariedogwalker).

I have been blogging for about 5 years and find the most challenging part of blogging is getting followers. Spreading the word about my blogs brings traffic (which is good) but few sign up to follow. Any advice on that would be great!

Looking forward to meeting new bloggers and their blogs.

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

You may want to join the Be The Change Community here and interact with others in the pet saving space. 

Looking forward to hopefully meeting you in Phoenix next year! Great “meeting” you! 

Christine Caplan said:

Hi all! I’m new-ish. I live in Portland, Oregon with three hounds and my blog is called http://www.mylifewithdogspdx.com. I’m so happy to be part of the Blog Paws group and I hope I can join you all in 2016 for the conference. I also appreciate everyone’s help onboarding me these past few months. I’m on the board of an animal welfare organization called Core Paws, that help promote hard to place animals and we partner with shelters across Oregon. Thanks!

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

Thanks for sharing your social media links — I should have mentioned that people can/should do that. I love the idea of your positive dog training site. My mini poodle is poorly trained — yep, I take full credit for that, but she weighs next to nothing and if she did anything naughty I’d just pick her up! She’s middle aged now as my vet mentioned last time we were there — she’s 9 and the love of my life — just like your dog is! 

Suzanne Dean said:

Hi everyone,

I am Suzanne Dean a/k/a thedogtraininglady I started blogging back in 2011 with a blogspot blog and then a few years ago after graduating from Animal Behavior College, I started http://www.thedogtraininglady.com.  As I began my dog training career, I realized that not everyone can afford training classes, or a personal dog trainer.  I created the site to help pet parents understand positive dog training methods, and how to “think like a dog”.  I had a crew of 4 dogs, I am now down to one; a 13 year old Lab/Shepherd mix Mary d Dog.  She is the love of my life, but I also have 3 other loves my cats, Hocus Pocus, Boo Bear, and the youngest Baby Girl.

So many new people are joining BlogPaws now, I love connecting with other pet parents and bloggers.

You can also find me at

FaceBook: TheK9Lady

Twitter:  @thedogtraininglady

Google+: Suzanne Dean/thedogtraininglady

Welcome to all our new members, I look forward to connecting with you and I’ll see you around BlogPaws.

Suzanne

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

I’ve seen some of Speedy’s adventures — he is one socially active bunny! Thank you for sharing and letting people know more about you! 

Rachel De Jong said:

Hi everybody,

I’m Rachel and my blog is about and for Speedy my pet house rabbit Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny ,he can also be found on Facebook Speedy and on instagram @cheeky_speedy.We like in the UK in a small village on the edge of Dartmoor in south Devon where wild ponies live.Speedy gets to go on adventures on and around Dartmoor,to our local pub and even gets to go to the beach.we have been Blogging since 2012 and our blog is all about the fun we have together!

Kristen Carr
      Participant
      @kristen1

Hi, everyone!

I’m Kristen Carr, my blog is Well Minded. I opened my professional pet sitting business of the same name a little over ten years ago and started my blog about two and-a-half years ago. I focus on lifestyle and wellness for all pets, pet-friendly family activities, and, of course, my adventures in professional pet sitting. I am also a freelance copy writer, so sometimes I get to write about non-pet-related stuff. I’m currently working on copy for a fashion web site. 

I live in Phoenix, AZ (so excited for the convention!) with my husband, eight-year-old son, six-year-old daughter, mixed terrier N.A.S.H.A., sulcata tortoise Fluffy, and beta fish Roosevelt. I also have a step-son who just started college, so he’s flown the coop. When I’m not blogging and pet sitting, I enjoy volunteering at my kids’ school and kickboxing.

I, too, wonder about driving traffic to subscribe. Great question, Marie!

Here’s where you can find me:

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Instagram

Linkedin

Google+

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel.dejong28

Thanks Robbi,Speedy really is,he soon gets moody when he hasn’t been out on an adventure.This was a great idea of yours to encourage us bloggers to share more about ourselves.
      Robbi Hess said:

I’ve seen some of Speedy’s adventures — he is one socially active bunny! Thank you for sharing and letting people know more about you! 

Rachel De Jong said:

Hi everybody,

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

Hi Rachel, I was hoping it would jumpstart conversation and get everyone to know a bit more about everyone else! 

Rachel De Jong said:

Thanks Robbi,Speedy really is,he soon gets moody when he hasn’t been out on an adventure.This was a great idea of yours to encourage us bloggers to share more about ourselves.
      Robbi Hess said:

Rachel De Jong said:

Hi everybody,

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

Hi Kristen, 

How nice that the conference will be in your backyard! I’m curious as to what N.A.S.H.A means it is an acronym for your terrier’s name? Thanks, too for sharing your social pages. 

When you talk about subscribers do you mean to your blog or to your newsletter? 

Happy to meet you! 

Kristen Carr said:

Hi, everyone!

I’m Kristen Carr, my blog is Well Minded. I opened my professional pet sitting business of the same name a little over ten years ago and started my blog about two and-a-half years ago. I focus on lifestyle and wellness for all pets, pet-friendly family activities, and, of course, my adventures in professional pet sitting. I am also a freelance copy writer, so sometimes I get to write about non-pet-related stuff. I’m currently working on copy for a fashion web site. 

I live in Phoenix, AZ (so excited for the convention!) with my husband, eight-year-old son, six-year-old daughter, mixed terrier N.A.S.H.A., sulcata tortoise Fluffy, and beta fish Roosevelt. I also have a step-son who just started college, so he’s flown the coop. When I’m not blogging and pet sitting, I enjoy volunteering at my kids’ school and kickboxing.

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Instagram

Linkedin

Google+

Robbi Hess
      @robbi

LOL I agree on not being middle aged at 9. I also agree with you on respecting your elders! Henrietta does many things that I find adorable that my family does not 🙂 

Suzanne Dean said:

Thanks Robbi,

I appreciate the kind words.  It a good thing humans aren’t middle aged at 9 – BOL!  

You would think being a dog trainer, I would have the most well behaved dog.  Not really, we tend to forget about ours and worry more about helping others.  Mary’s good for the most part – now that she’s a senior I think I just let her slide a bit now and again.  Respect your elders right 🙂 , she’s 91 in human years.

I’m really glad you invited us to “get to know each other” with all the new people joining.  I think it is so great to have so many new people, power in numbers, we will be able to really make changes in the world.  The human-animal bond will be understood by ALL someday!

Suz

Robbi Hess said:

Thanks for sharing your social media links — I should have mentioned that people can/should do that. I love the idea of your positive dog training site. My mini poodle is poorly trained — yep, I take full credit for that, but she weighs next to nothing and if she did anything naughty I’d just pick her up! She’s middle aged now as my vet mentioned last time we were there — she’s 9 and the love of my life — just like your dog is! 

Suzanne Dean said:

Hi everyone,

I am Suzanne Dean a/k/a thedogtraininglady I started blogging back in 2011 with a blogspot blog and then a few years ago after graduating from Animal Behavior College, I started http://www.thedogtraininglady.com.  As I began my dog training career, I realized that not everyone can afford training classes, or a personal dog trainer.  I created the site to help pet parents understand positive dog training methods, and how to “think like a dog”.  I had a crew of 4 dogs, I am now down to one; a 13 year old Lab/Shepherd mix Mary d Dog.  She is the love of my life, but I also have 3 other loves my cats, Hocus Pocus, Boo Bear, and the youngest Baby Girl.

So many new people are joining BlogPaws now, I love connecting with other pet parents and bloggers.

You can also find me at

FaceBook: TheK9Lady

Twitter:  @thedogtraininglady

Google+: Suzanne Dean/thedogtraininglady

Welcome to all our new members, I look forward to connecting with you and I’ll see you around BlogPaws.

Suzanne

Lindsay
      Participant
      @theflynnigans6288

My name is Lindsay and I blog over at http://www.theflynnigans.com. I live in Ontario, Canada and I work full time in a corporate position but I have a part time job pet sitting and dog walking on weekends for a pet sitting company that has been in the business for 15 years now. 

I’ve been pet sitting for over three years and it is by far the most rewarding “job” I’ve ever had.  Hopefully one day I hope to be able to quit the corporate grind and live out my days doing pet visits and dog walks, because that is truly what makes my heart happy and when you find something you love, it is no longer considered a job.  I’ve been blogging for a while now but only bought my own domain back at the end of January.  I’ve loved meeting all the people I have and the networking and in doing so, I’ve met so many other wonderful animal lovers, it has been truly incredible.

I post many pictures of my two kids, my two Bichon boys, over on the blog, as well as I also post my pet sitting adventures there as well, among other things.  There’s always plenty of animal pictures, that is for certain.

Thank you so much for having me, I’m so excited to be a part of this community. 🙂

Kristen Carr
      Participant
      @kristen1

Hi, Robbi,

Yes, very excited that the conference will be in my backyard!

N.A.S.H.A. stands for “Not A Siberian Husky Again.” My husband has always wanted a husky, but I fall in love with the scrappy mutts. He said we could adopt N.A.S.H.A. if he could choose the name, so I agreed. He named her!

Subscribers…I meant to my blog. 

Best,

Kristen

Robbi Hess said:

Hi Kristen, 

How nice that the conference will be in your backyard! I’m curious as to what N.A.S.H.A means it is an acronym for your terrier’s name? Thanks, too for sharing your social pages. 

When you talk about subscribers do you mean to your blog or to your newsletter? 

Happy to meet you! 

Kristen Carr said:

Hi, everyone!

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Instagram

Linkedin

Google+

Lori Calvery
      @lori1

Hi, I’m Lori from California and I just started a new chapter in my life. I’ve got my own design business, Cold Nose Design, which focuses on dogs, nature, and puns! I sell my art on all kinds of products from t-shirts to cards. 

For the last 5 years I worked at Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV) and found that doing a job that connects you to animals and helps save lives is very rewarding. And I’m a foster failure three times over with no regrets. My three fur kids are Peach, a chiweenie, Elmo the chihuahua, and LeBron the wiener dog. 

Allison
      Participant
      @ahunter_nf

Hi! My name is Allison and I’m new to the blogpaws community. My husband and I have a toy poodle and three adopted cats. Teaching, writing, and helping animals are my passions.

As part of the latter, I have volunteered with a no-kill shelter, written educational plays, and hosted an Animals to the Rescue writing group. This past year, I began to feed community cats and write blog posts for a local animal welfare group. This is the URL: https://lincolnanimalambassadors.wordpress.com/

I’ve written a variety of manuscripts, but my heart lies in speaking out for animals. To that end, I’d like to improve my local blog posts, as well as submit to professional magazines and one day have some pet fiction published for young people. I’m excited to belong to this community and look forward to getting to know some of the members.

Lindsay
      Participant
      @theflynnigans6288

Nice to meet you Alison and you’ve got some great goals!

Allison
      Participant
      @ahunter_nf

You might not know it, but we have a few things in common. I’m originally from Canada! In fact, my family still lives there. Like you, I’ve been blogging for a while, just over five years. Especially in the animal welfare world, I’ve enjoyed all the networking because it’s allowed me to meet local people with similar passions. Thanks for the welcome!

Lindsay Flynn said:

Nice to meet you Alison and you’ve got some great goals!

Erin Amanda
      Participant
      @small_songbird

My name is Erin, and I have been running my blog on pet poisons for about three weeks now.  I previously worked with animal poison control, but I had to quit due to health reasons.  I started blogging as a way to keep myself grounded and focused while providing information to pet owners on health and safety within the field of toxicology.  I’m a very frequent poster (and an insomniac! :O), and I’m eventually hoping to grow my self a small database for people to reference when they have questions.  My site is not meant to replace veterinary care, just provide information!

You can find me at:

Blog: Tossed Cookies

Email: erin@tossedcookie.com

Facebook: Tossed Cookies’ Page

Twitter: @Tossed_Cookies

Pinterest: There’s a name theme here..

Google+: Is she talking about vomiting?

Instagram: Yes, I named my blog about vomiting.

LinkedIn: I know, I’m so gross!

Contact me!  I am interested in chatting, answering questions, failing to answer questions, I am eager to be as confused about this whole thing as the rest of you!!

Carly Simpson
      @cms31282

Hi, jumping a little late on to this, but I have been blogging about a year now, off and on. My blog is called Tails of Crazy Dog Mom (http://tailsofacrazydogmom.com/),

Instagram- TailsofACrazyDogMom,

Facebook Page- Tails of  Crazy Dog Mom

Email- tailsofacrazydogmom@gmail.com

Twitter- https://twitter.com/tuckerstails

I’m looking to grow the blog this year and make it a bit more informative and not just, this is what Tucker and I do and I’m a crazy dog mom!

Nice to meet you all!

Carly

Anna Pardue
      @marketing1

Hey everyone! 🙂

My name is Anna. I’m the Media Relations Manager for Everydog (everydog.us/blog). We started out as a magazine but now we have a blog, a dog subscription box, a shop, and an app! We have a small team but we handle a LOT of projects. We’ve certainly come a long way.

I don’t do much writing, but I do most of our content management (what we post and when, delegating tasks, working with outside freelancers, etc.) 

I’m so excited to be apart of the BlogPaws community! I can’t wait to network with you all. This site is an awesome resource for us to be able to help each other grow. 

Feel free to send me a friend request. I’d love to participate in content shares, link shares, social media shares, etc.

Jane
      Participant
      @limeadegal

Hi Everyone! I’m Jane, I am in the process of building my website and will be blogging at http://www.pawbellish.com
      My blog will focus on inspiration, information and diy ideas for pet parents of small dogs and cats.

Look forward to getting to know you!

Linda
      Participant
      @LoveofEverythingDogs

Hi Everyone!

I’m Linda Donewald, a new member of the pet blogging community with my Love of Everything Dogs blog. I am new to professional blogging, so am in the process of building my blog site. My goal is to have it up and running within the next few days.

I have two beautiful girls, Magnolia and Lily. Magnolia is a 1 year old Black Labrador/Malamute mix adopted from a rescue/shelter as a puppy in 2014. Lily is a 3 year old coarse-coat Jack Russell Terrier, welcomed into our family as a puppy in 2012.

Over the past year, I have experienced several instances helping to search and find lost dogs as well as coordinating with rescues on sponsoring aid to dog fosters. I have learned so much and have witnessed a variety of scenarios, some very heartbreaking, others with very happy endings.

Based on my experiences and having furry family members throughout my life, I had been thinking about possibly writing a book or blog that would be informative – totally related to everything dogs. Through encouragement and guidance given by my peers, I am well on my way!

Am very much looking forward to getting to know other members of this community and am hopeful I will one day soon have the knowledge and expertise to be helpful to my colleagues as well.

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel1

Hello fellow newbies! My name is Rachel and I just got started today on BlogPaws. I think it’s going to be a great resource!

My blog (started less than two weeks ago) is called Three Chatty Cats — inspired by my three cats, of course! I also have a 14-year-old rescue dog and two desert tortoises. Perhaps they will make a guest blog appearance.

My goal with Three Chatty Cats is to highlight foster parents, rescuers, rescue organizations and adoption/rescue stories. I just did my first profile today on a rescuing duo in Alabama. I just want to share all the wonderful stories out there – and can’t wait to do so!

I will also have fun stuff, tips, and provide the occasional product review. I enjoy writing and wanted to focus on something that I love – CATS!

Question – I don’t have Twitter — what do you think. Do you find it valuable having a Twitter account?

Please feel free to send me a friend request. I’m looking forward to connecting with fellow animal lovers here!

threechattycats.com 
      facebook.com/threechattycats 
      instagram.com/threechattycats 
      pinterest.com/threechattycats 
      @threechattycats on Catastic 

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel1

Very cute! Although my blog is cat-based, I also have dog. Looking forward to your posts!

Linda Donewald said:

Hi Everyone!

I’m Linda Donewald, a new member of the pet blogging community with my Love of Everything Dogs blog. I am new to professional blogging, so am in the process of building my blog site. My goal is to have it up and running within the next few days.

I have two beautiful girls, Magnolia and Lily. Magnolia is a 1 year old Black Labrador/Malamute mix adopted from a rescue/shelter as a puppy in 2014. Lily is a 3 year old coarse-coat Jack Russell Terrier, welcomed into our family as a puppy in 2012.

Over the past year, I have experienced several instances helping to search and find lost dogs as well as coordinating with rescues on sponsoring aid to dog fosters. I have learned so much and have witnessed a variety of scenarios, some very heartbreaking, others with very happy endings.

Based on my experiences and having furry family members throughout my life, I had been thinking about possibly writing a book or blog that would be informative – totally related to everything dogs. Through encouragement and guidance given by my peers, I am well on my way!

Am very much looking forward to getting to know other members of this community and am hopeful I will one day soon have the knowledge and expertise to be helpful to my colleagues as well.

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel1

Wow, your site is gorgeous! 

Jane said:

Hi Everyone! I’m Jane, I am in the process of building my website and will be blogging at http://www.pawbellish.com
      My blog will focus on inspiration, information and diy ideas for pet parents of small dogs and cats.

Look forward to getting to know you!

Marty
      @marty.k

Hi everyone… Any recommendations on blog hosting services?

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel1

I have a blog at WordPress.com (not .org) and one with SquareSpace as well.

I chose WP for my cat blog. SS is for my personal site. For blogging, I think WP is better. I chose SS for my personal site because I mainly wanted to display nice photographs, and I didn’t think the free templates with WP did that very well. You can use WordPress.org, and there are probably really nice plugins for photos, but I didn’t want to go that route.

WordPress is cheaper too (I used a free template but did pay for the $99 upgrade which gets you a few extra things, which I considered a must).

For blogging, WP is great because it has a built in community of bloggers and readers. The majority of my current followers are fellow WP users who search tagged posts to find blogs to follow. I don’t believe that SS has a community like that.

When I was comparing choices, the reviews were that WordPress was harder to get good customer service. I actually had a very easy time with their customer service (twice), but also had a great customer service experience with SS. I find the SS interface to be slow and clunky, but the template that I chose is nice for the reader.

I personally would recommend WordPress.com. I didn’t really look into any other options besides those two though. So there may be other great ones out there!

Rochelle
      Participant
      @rochelle

Hello there!

I’m a little late to this discussion too, but better late than never! I’m the human behind The Broke Dog which aims to help dog owners spoil their pups on any budget while focusing on small businesses, quality products, and good design. I’m an accessory designer by day in expensive New York City, so I value beautiful and useful items but definitely have a budget!

My other project is Brooklyn Bowtied, where I sell dog bow ties. 

Nice to meet everyone!

Rochelle

junolovesiris
      Participant
      @junolovesiris

Hello! 🙂

I have been going through everyone’s blogs from here, and I am so happy to be a part of this community! I’m currently in the process of starting a blog at Juno Loves Iris. The focus will be on living a healthy, active, and creative lifestyle from the perspective of my two pups! During the day I work in a large corporate setting as an interaction designer, so I’m really looking forward to having a creative outlet and working towards my dreams!

I’m very excited to meet everyone!

Kat

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel1

@Kat – let us know when it’s up. I clicked the link and see it’s not live yet. I want to check it out when you have it ready to go! 🙂

Jennifer Gillett
      @jennifergillett

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jennifer Gillett and I have a brand new blog called Pinky the Chi  It is named after my wonderful little rescue chihuahua, Pinky. This is my first blog, so while looking for information on how to write a dog blog, I found BlogPaws. This definitely looks like the place to learn from successful and enthusiastic bloggers! I am a longtime shelter volunteer and hope to share some of the things that I have learned over the years. I am excited to get to know you all!

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel1

@Jennifer – Just visited and love your  blog! You now have a new follower! 🙂 Pinky is so adorable and love your message about senior pets. –Rachel @threechattycats

Jennifer Gillett
      @jennifergillett

@Rachel – Thank you so much for the encouragement! I am still in that completely insecure stage, so I am thrilled you enjoyed my blog. We hope to have fun and interesting new posts coming soon! 

Erin La Raia
      Participant
      @erin.laraia

Hello,

My name is Erin La Raia, I’m new to all this.  I’m from Boerne Texas.  I lost my job last year and still haven’t found anything.  I’m a single mom with three children, ages: 20, 12, 6. We have two cats and two dogs.  My daughter and I are getting a blog up and ready named Clyde’s Daily Tribune, its not published yet, but should be up and running real soon.   I’m excited to be here and can’t wait to learn from other bloggers.  🙂

Jennifer Gillett
      @jennifergillett

@Erin – I love the name of your blog and can’t wait to check it out! I am a new blogger too and just getting my feet wet, but it has been so much easier thanks to all of the great information on Blogpaws. 

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel1

@Erin – Welcome! Let us know when you have the blog up so we can all go take a look! 🙂

Dean – IndoorPaws.com
      Participant
      @meow

Hi! New to Blog Paws, so glad I found you i’ve already connected with other cat bloggers and having a look around. My girlfriend and I have a black Oriental cat called Hugo, he is 2 years old now. We have kept him as a house cat with supervised outdoor access and realised there were many others doing the same without much support or specific information to help with keeping house cats happy. He inspired us to launch Indoor Paws and now our mission is to provide quality information to all owners of house cats.

We have spent our whole lives in the UK, Bristol, however took the leap across the pond to Spain in search of adventure and a new experience in August 2015. We brought Hugo with us and drove for 2 days in the car. He was brilliant at travelling, thankfully! We now run our website from here. Looking forward to meeting other pet bloggers, getting stuck in with growing Indoor Paws and hopefully achieving great things with the support of a great community. 

Looking forward to meeting you all, feel free to add away and bleep for a chat

Dean and Hannah 

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel1

@Dean, Welcome! Your site looks great and has a lot of valuable information. I’m subscribed and look forward to reading your tips. With our three indoor-only kitties, I’m sure I will find it very resourceful!

Greg Rumble
      @dextersdogdays

Hello, my name is Greg and I did a personal travel blog a long time ago; but since my life has relocated to one place, i started blogging about dogs and about the great things they do. I blog at http://www.dextersdogdays.com and tweet a daily “Hero Dog Story” from @amazingdogstory . 

I look forward to getting involved and find ways to help my blog attract more readers.

Rachel
      Participant
      @rachel1

@Greg, Just visited your site and it looks great! Dexter is quite cute, too.

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.