Home Forums Guest Posts Wanted Guest Post asked for – few weeks betrayal

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Summer 9 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Summer
      Participant
      @borderterriersruleOK

Hi everyone,

Not that long ago now I got an email. The person from a company was asking me to do a Guest Post on their website. Anyway, I didn’t check my Gmail for a few weeks due to having busy times (we won’t bother going into that)., so when I eventually did get back to them stating my enthusiasm of guest blogging for them, which was only a couple of weeks after they asked me first, they never got back to me. And to top it all off, only another couple of weeks on I found a blog post from another blog who were reviewing this person’s product and guest blogged for them instead! I found it a real shame as I would have happily sat all day to create them a guest post. This was also my first time ever being asked to guest post, so you can imagine my slight disappointment.

This has now turned into curiosity – is there a set time limit that you must get back to a company stating you either would/would not be interested in guest blogging, before they find someone else and leave you in the dust?

This was literally only around 2 weeks after I was emailed.

Thanks!

Jodi
      Participant
      @kolchakpuggle

To be honest, two weeks is longer than I would have expected a response in. They’re a brand trying to run a business and I’m sure they get a lot of people who just don’t respond back. If you want to be taken seriously as a business./brand ambassador, responses need to go back in a timely manner. There’s not set time, but I would say a reply within a few days at least. After two weeks, I would have assumed you weren’t interested myself! I don’t think this was a betrayal, as much as them moving on because they hadn’t heard back.

Now that being said, just because another blogger guest blogged for them doesn’t mean they wouldn’t ALSO want you to do it. The professional thing to do would be to send a follow up note, just making sure they saw your response, suggesting a few ideas for the perspective you could bring to the post and letting them know you would still be interested in working with them. Even if now isn’t a good time, you hope they’ll keep you in mind for the future.

Since they probably have the impression you either weren’t that interested or that you got back to them as an after thought (which obviously isn’t the case) the onus would be on you to now show them you are interested – or you can chalk it up to a good learning experience and work on other new opportunities. I guess it depends on how much you want to work with this particular brand.

Summer
      Participant
      @borderterriersruleOK

Thanks guys! This is great advice especially for the future. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.