Home Forums New SLC Members I’m a Newbie here saying Hello!

9 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Kristen Carr 8 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Rosemary
      Participant
      @support

Hi Blog Paws Community!

My name is Rosemary Dowell and I real happy to be a part of this awesome community!

I’ve been a blogger for 5 years in various niches and decided earlier this year to turn my passion for German Shepherd into a resource of training, health and awareness for this spectacular breed.

I am a dog trainer and also volunteer at a local GSD shelter in my town.  I work with the shelter dogs helping them overcome behavior issues and teaching them basic life skills through obedience training.  This makes it more likely for them to be adopted since the majority of them come from very sad backgrounds.

I’m looking forward to connecting with everyone here at Blog Paws, learn new things and contribute where I can.

You can check out my website here: http://germanshepherdcorner.com

Connect with me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GSD_Corner

Connect with me on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Germanshepherdcorner/about

Thanks for having me!

MilitaryWife&PugLife
      Participant
      @militarywifeandpuglife

Hi Rosemary!
      You will find so many nice people here!! I love this community-super supportive!
      I just followed you on Google plus.
      Xxoo MaddiethePug and her mommy

http://www.militarywifeandpuglife.com

Rosemary
      Participant
      @support

Hi #MaddiethePug and Mom!

Thanks for connecting!  I’m already loving this community!  I just couldn’t help but leave a comment on your wall.  #MaddiethePug’s cuteness made me do it!

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Hi Rosemary! 

It’s nice to meet you and welcome to BlogPaws. I followed you and hope to chat tonight on the Twitter Chat.  Follow #BlogPawsChat and join the fun.  It’s a great way to meet the community and others.  It’s from 7:00 – 9:00 pm CST.  I’ll watch for your tweets. ☺

Rosemary
      Participant
      @support

Hi M. K.

Thanks for the warm welcome!  And for the follow on Twitter.  I’ve followed you back. 🙂  Great website too, I love the picture of Bentley sitting pretty for a yummy piece of jerky! 😉

Sharon Seltzer
      @sjseltzer

Hi Rosemary,

It’s nice to meet you. Your training program sounds very helpful to shelter dogs. The more they understand about living with a human family, the less likely they will be returned.

Kristen Carr
      Participant
      @kristen1

Welcome, Rosemary! This is a great group of bloggers, and I’m sure you’ll make a lot of wonderful, lasting connections. Just followed your Twitter and checked out your blog–good stuff!

http://www.wellmindedpets.com

Rosemary
      Participant
      @support

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the welcome!  Yes, you’re so right!  Most of those fur-babies end up in shelters because they are untrained, it’s funny how some dog owners think a dog should just ‘know’ what the rules are.  I’m working on making other shelters aware and to get volunteer trainers to give some of their time to teach shelter residence.

Rosemary
      Participant
      @support

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for welcoming me.  I’m already enjoying this community tremendously, everyone is so friendly!  Thanks for checking out my blog – still have some work to do!  Currently recording a free video series on engagement skills with my young GSD Zè. I’ll share them here once they’re done for comments and critiques.  I enjoyed your article on Gluten Free Dog food.  I can so relate.  Changed both my GSD’s over to a 100% raw prey appropriate diet since they were having a terrible time with hot spots, itchiness, dry and smelly coats and dandruff.  

Kristen Carr
      Participant
      @kristen1

The video series sounds great! I’ll look forward to checking it out. 

Thanks for checking out my blog. Glad you enjoyed the Gluten Free Dog food post!

Rosemary Dowell said:

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for welcoming me.  I’m already enjoying this community tremendously, everyone is so friendly!  Thanks for checking out my blog – still have some work to do!  Currently recording a free video series on engagement skills with my young GSD Zè. I’ll share them here once they’re done for comments and critiques.  I enjoyed your article on Gluten Free Dog food.  I can so relate.  Changed both my GSD’s over to a 100% raw prey appropriate diet since they were having a terrible time with hot spots, itchiness, dry and smelly coats and dandruff.  

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.