Home Forums Blog Talk Interested in Making Your Social Media Efforts More Effective?

6 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Carol 10 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

I learned about this monitoring took in my social media program and I am absolutely in love with it. It is very expensive but I am still contemplating getting it….at least for a few months. Would anyone else would be interested in these kinds of reports? You can find out, for example, when your audience is online compared to when you are posting content, which post types are getting the most engagement and what days are best for you to post.

This example uses Twitter but reports can also be run for Facebook and, I believe, Google+….plus some others (but not Pinterest I don’t think…unless that has changed in the last couple of months)

http://simplymeasured.com/blog/2013/05/22/6-types-of-analysis-to-time-your-tweets/?utm_source=mc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_content=20130426-free

GIZMO GEODOG
      @jgandb

Jess, did you  they’re hiring in Seattle?

Participant
      @adventurejess

Yes. I was thinking of applying but with me starting Graduate School in the fall I shouldn’t be taking on a full-time job….that I may have to quit in 3 months. Plus, this time before Graduate school is time to focus on my blog because if I don’t get my “house in order” now, it ain’t gonna happen and things could fall apart.

Stefanie Preston
      @stefanie

I could geek out on analytics for days! I love the SimplyMeasured tools, I’ve seen them used with a business and it gives awesome feedback.

That said, I’m basically cheap and like free (or inexpensive) tools when possible. Here are a few I’ve found that I love so far.

Tweriod.com – they have paid options, but you can get a free analysis of your twitter account once per month that shows you when most of your followers are online, and what times you can tweet to get the most exposure. I used to worry about getting my content online early in the morning for east coasters, but it turns out most of my traffic is between about 7pm and 10pm Pacific time.

I also hook the Tweriod data into Buffer, a site similar to Hootsuite that I use to schedule out tweets. I’ve even been loading my Triberr retweets into Buffer lately and that way I control when they go out more precisely. When I had them going out every few hours via Triberr, a lot were being posted overnight. Buffer also gives you analytics on what got RT’d or shared, and the reach. If you use Twitter via the webpage, you can hit the Buffer button directly from an individual Tweet.

Participant
      @adventurejess

The problem with those are that they are only for Twitter. I am frustrated because there are not free or cheap tools that I know of that provide USEFUL stats about Facebook and there and there are no free ones for G+. I use Hootsuite for my Twitter analytics but Tweroid stounds promising too. I spend a lot of time on social media. I need to streamline my efforts and want to cut right to the chase….know when my effort will get the most reach and engagement.

Participant
      @adventurejess

I am definitely thinking beyond Google Analytics. That only tracks what traffic is coming and going to your blog, demographics, sources, etc. I am thinking about measuing social media data such as when my fans are on Facebook, when they engaging with my content, what type of content they are engaging with most, what time of day and day of the week is the best to post, etc. I would then take that data and create a monthly, or quarterly social media strategy, implement, measure again, adjust and so on. There are free programs out there for Twitter but they are not this comprehensive and there isn’t one I have found that works for Facebook or Google+.

My main goal is to be more effective in reaching people while reducing the amount of time spent on my social media efforts. This would allow me to free up time to write more and better blog posts….and get out hiking more 🙂

Singing Dogs said:

I feel your pain Jessica!  I’ve been considering investing in some SEO software and tools but it is pricey.  Not sure how far you want to take your blogging but you can do a lot with Google Analytics. 

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Really enjoyed reading this thread!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.