Home Forums Blog Talk Join the BlogPaws Community Triberr Group and Gain More Reach with Your Blog Posts

19 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Ann 10 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Hello. There was discussion among some BlogPaws community members about sharing each other’s posts. We decided that the simplest and easiest way to do this was to create a Tribe using Triberr only for community members.

I created a tribe here http://triberr.com/pages/tribe-details.php?tribe=43313. Once you register for Triberr you can visit this tribe and request to join. Once I verify that you are a member of the BlogPaws community you will be added.

Once you are a member, you will be able to see post exerpts from other Tribe members and choose which ones you want to tweet out to your Twitter followers (with a simple click of a button). Other group members will return the favor. This is a way to promote your tweets to a larger audience beyond your followers. Some Triberr users also utilize the tribe stream as a blog reader since you can click on posts from other members to read them.

If you are not familiar with Triberr, the blog amplification platform, it is a free community you can join (using your Twitter login so you don’t have to remember another password). You can sign up for Triberr at http://www.triberr.com

If you have any questions about Triberr or about joining our tribe, feel free to contact me through my profile here (click on my profile icon, add me as a friend if you haven’t and click the “send message” link).

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

I’m on Triberr and have a tribe I created plus am a member of some others. I decided to close it out to new members for now because it’s getting a bit large I think. I will have to come check out yours though, sounds like an awesome idea! 

Participant
      @adventurejess

As you probably know, the members that overlap from tribe to tribe only show up in your feed once.

You are limited to 30 tribe members with the free account. There are way more than 30 BlgoPaws community members. If we near our limit and people still want to join I am prepared to upgrade my Triberr account.

Ann “Paws” Staub said:

I’m on Triberr and have a tribe I created plus am a member of some others. I decided to close it out to new members for now because it’s getting a bit large I think. I will have to come check out yours though, sounds like an awesome idea! 

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

I did know the first thing but I didn’t know about the 30 tribe member limit. I guess my tribe is almost at its limit anyways then. That is awesome of you to upgrade your account for it if it comes to that point. 

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

I joined the Tribe earlier today. Not sure if I am seeing everyone’s posts but I approved them all for rt.

Participant
      @adventurejess

I think it won’t be duplicates for some. I am in a lot of Tribes with duplicates but they are all dog blogs. The BlogPaws tribe encompasses cat and other pet blgs too. As you said earlier, if there are duplicates they will only show up in your stream once anyway.

For many this is their first venture into Triberr. The more experienced like us may find more duplicates than not. The Tribe is growing quickly. I don’t have a plan for “over 50” yet 🙂 I’ll be looking for your request to join.

Kimberly Gauthier said:

Jessica! Thanks so much for setting up this Tribe.  I’m certain that I’ll be a duplicate for many people, but this is a great way for me to keep up with others.  My Tribe is dynamic too so I can add up to 50 bloggers, I think.  For $10/month – it’s a great investment and if we have 2 of these Tribes, we’ll all be happy!

I’ll join this weekend (hopefully today if I have a moment away from my day job).

Thanks again!  I love that there are so many people willing to work together in this community!

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

I’ve already read a couple of blogs that are new to me. 🙂

Kat Bengalcatdomination
      @crazykittykat1

I just joined too. I have another blog that is another niche, does anyone know if I can add that blog to my account and not have it show in the blog paws group?

Participant
      @adventurejess

Sure looks like you can!

Go to account settings (hover over your profile icon in the top right corner to select) and then select the “my blogs” tab on that page. You can add another blog there. note: I believe you can only have two with the free account. After you add the blog, click the “assign tribes” button at the top of the screen. You can assign a blog to a tribe by choosing that blog in the drop down menu under the Tribe title.

I only have one blog so have not used this feature. I will be starting a blog for my social media consulting business later this fall though so let me know how it works.

Kat Bengalcatdomination
      @crazykittykat1

I will give it a try, I was afraid to pollute the blogpaws tribe with my design blog LOL

Kat Bengalcatdomination
      @crazykittykat1

Added my other blog, tried to unassign it from one tribe, that worked, then went to unassign to another one and its locked. Says you can only do it once every 30 days. hmm  I’m thinking I may have to delete it, but I don’t know if it will let me.

Participant
      @adventurejess

Hmmm. That is strange. It looked to me like was a simple drop-down box to assign blogs to different tribes. Kind of deceiving if they only let you switch one around a month….especially since the first blog you added would be there by default so you might want to swap out a few. Keep us updated if you figure out how to get around that. Thanks.

Kat Bengalcatdomination
      @crazykittykat1

It looked like adding it, assigned it automatically to the 2 tribes I was following and trying to unassign it from them seems to have caused the problem. I messed it up I guess LOL

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

I just added my new blog to Triberr. For me, it only lets me assign one blog per tribe. I didn’t have the same problem as you sorry 🙁 Triberr can be funky sometimes. 

Kat Bengalcatdomination
      @crazykittykat1

glad you had better luck 🙂

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

Sometimes, if you post in the Bonfire help section you can get a good response from someone. I even got a response from Dino the founder one time. 

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

I believe you can only have one blog unless you upgrade to one of the premier accounts. I think they probably had problems with people trying to skirt the one blog rule by switching back and forth daily so their posts from both blogs would show in the stream so they made the 30 day rule recently. 

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Nope. I was wrong. You can have more blogs but only 1 per tribe- http://triberr.com/pages/bonfires.php?cat=3&thread=49100

There is a limit on the number of posts so it’s something to keep in mind if you are a very active poster- http://triberr.com/pages/bonfires.php?cat=3&thread=47204 

Dawn Miklich said:

I believe you can only have one blog unless you upgrade to one of the premier accounts. I think they probably had problems with people trying to skirt the one blog rule by switching back and forth daily so their posts from both blogs would show in the stream so they made the 30 day rule recently. 

Participant
      @adventurejess

I think you can have two blogs on Triberr with the free account. If you upgrade to prime light you can have 5 I think. I am pretty sure Dawn is right about you only being able to assign one blog per Tribe.

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

Yea I have 2 blogs on there now, but I can only assign one per tribe it seems. So I can’t have both my blogs in the same tribe. 

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.