Home Forums Blog Talk Mailchimp Integration?

9 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia 10 years, 12 months ago
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

I currently have an email sign up on my blog. What people are signing up for is my Feedburner RSS feed to be delivered to them via email. However, with all of the rumors of Feedburner eventually shutting down, I think I am going to change my email subscription to go to Mailchimp.

First, the subscribers will receive an newsletter that highlights my recent posts. Eventually I will produce a full-fledged newsletter.

The problem is that I don’t know Mailchimp and don’t have the time to learn right now. Does anyone know, or know someone who knows, how to set up a Mailchimp newsletter? I will pay for help.

Thanks

Jodi
      Participant
      @kolchakpuggle

I know Mailchimp fairly well. It’s so easy Jessica! Drop me an email with what you want. I’m happy to help.

Participant
      @adventurejess

Thanks. I need someone to make me a template and maybe help me move my current subscriber email over from Feedburner. I am sure it is easy but, like I said, I don’t have the time right now with the blog redesign. I need it done ASAP and don’t have the time to figure it out. I would gladly pay someone to do it. I need it done within the next few days and, in addition to working on the redesign and new business cards, I start my social media class again, have a job interview and am going out of town for 4 days for my Hubby’s birthday.

I will view the tutorial anyway just so I know and in case I can’t find anyone to help.

Kimberly Gauthier said:

It’s crazy easy.  I love Mailchimp and they just changed it so there’s a drag and drop feature.  I have Keep the Tail Wagging set up for a weekly newsletter that holds that week’s posts.  I got the instructions from here: http://www.theresasheridan.com/how-to-set-up-an-rss-driven-email-ca…  

I just use my normal feed: http://www.keepthetailwagging.com/feed

Participant
      @adventurejess

Thanks Jodi…maybe we can consider it hotel trade 🙂

I’ll send you some details tomorrow morning

Jodi Chick said:

I know Mailchimp fairly well. It’s so easy Jessica! Drop me an email with what you want. I’m happy to help.

Debby / Kirby the Dorkie
      @kirbythedorkie

I love mailchimp. Its easy and looks beautiful. It automatically sends out any new post at a set time each day. Is it better to send out a weekly email as opposed to daily?

Participant
      @adventurejess

Personally, I think daily is overwhelming. I like the weekly digest because then you can scan through a list of recent posts and read the ones that catch your eye. For me, if it was a daily email I would start ignoring it.

That is just me though. Also, if you only post 2 or 3 times a week then people aren’t getting 7 separate emails a week anyway.

Debby Martin said:

I love mailchimp. Its easy and looks beautiful. It automatically sends out any new post at a set time each day. Is it better to send out a weekly email as opposed to daily?

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

I’ve been contemplating a newsletter, but haven’t had any ideas for one yet. I like that idea though. I am still going to stick with feedburner for now… for some reason I just don’t believe it’s going away. Google reader is being integrated into G+ so I’m more hopeful now. I messed around briefly with MailChimp and it seems pretty easy so far. Haven’t done much with it yet though. 

Jodi
      Participant
      @kolchakpuggle

I agree with Jessica. My automatic email feed was broken for months. Then I moved to the new blog and it magically fixed itself and then I started hemorrhaging subscribers. I just changed to a weekly digest (and plan to reinstate my newsletter, which has been sorely neglected.)

I’m happy to work on it Jessica :0) It’s not nearly difficult enough to consider it a hotel trade ;0) Seriously! I set mine up in less than half hour!

Amy Shojai, CABC
      Participant
      @shojai

Interesting. I use iContact and wonder if I could import posts there. Generally I only send out newsletters once a quarter, unless there’s breaking news about a new book or similar.

Participant
      @adventurejess

If it was an actual newsletter I would probably do it once a month but since this would be an email subscription to my blog feed, I imagine people want to get it in a timely manner.

Amy Shojai, CABC said:

Interesting. I use iContact and wonder if I could import posts there. Generally I only send out newsletters once a quarter, unless there’s breaking news about a new book or similar.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.