7 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Melissa K. 8 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Has anyone had any issues with Milo’s Kitchen treats? I don’t buy them, but my daughter gave her puppy some two days ago. The pup began vomiting the next morning. At 1:00 a.m. they made a trip to the emergency vet because she started throwing up blood. The vet felt it was the treats but couldn’t really prove it. X-rays were done and she is taking medication. They’ve contacted the company but of course, all they are offered is a refund. I just wanted to warn of the potential hazards.

Tripawds
      @jerry1

Holy moly! never tried them but thanks for letting us know. Poor dawg. Hope she makes a quick recovery.

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Thank you. I spoke with them today and she is able to keep her food down, so that sounds promising. Luckily, they were able to get her to the vet quickly.

Tripawds said:

Holy moly! never tried them but thanks for letting us know. Poor dawg. Hope she makes a quick recovery.

Carma Allen
      Participant
      @carmapoodale

I have fed mine Milo’s since they came out without ever having a problem. Maybe the pup ate them too fast or too large of a piece and it scratched her esphagus? I know a lot of people who feed them to their dogs and haven’t had any problems but that doesn’t mean anything. 

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

She ate the chicken jerky type. I really don’t know anything other than she threw up during the day and began vomiting blood during the night. I just spoke with my daughter and the pup is still having tummy issues from the incident. They have been feeding her chicken and rice since it happened at the vet’s recommendation. I’m glad to know that Carma can eat it without trouble. It was a very scary incident for new pet parents. ☺ Thanks

Carma Allen said:

I have fed mine Milo’s since they came out without ever having a problem. Maybe the pup ate them too fast or too large of a piece and it scratched her esphagus? I know a lot of people who feed them to their dogs and haven’t had any problems but that doesn’t mean anything. 

Tripawds
      @jerry1

Wow that has me totally convinced, no more store-bought chicken jerky, ever, no matter where it comes from. Poor pup. Hope her belly’s feeling good soon, just glad she’s out of the woods.

Dorothy “FiveSibesMom”
      Participant
      @FiveSibes

Hi – I hope your daughter’s puppy is feeling much better!

That particular brand has been at the center of controversy for a few years with dogs getting sick, and so sad to say, worse. here are some informational links:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/05/19/toxic-jerky-treats-linked-to-more-than-1000-dog-deaths/

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/chicken-jerky-treats-suspects/

And this is a Facebook page that has lots of info also: https://www.facebook.com/notes/398987900190834/

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Wow! Thank you so much. I will share this information with her so that she will know that they aren’t alone.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.