Home Forums Blog Talk National Dog Fighting Awareness Day

23 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Chelsea Price 10 years ago
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Hello Everyone, I wanted to tell you about Tuesday, April 8th.  It is National Dog Fighting Awareness Day.  In an effort to bring attention to this heinous crime, I am joining several BlogPaws bloggers to feature adoptable Pit Bulls that are in shelters.  In addition to featuring adoptable Pits, my post will look at the crime in the Ark-La-Tex area.  The number of arrests is staggering, but dog fighting is still running rampant.  Please join me along with Sarah from Lola the Pitty, Jenna from Love is being owned by a Husky as we join Lisa and Sue on Tuesday’s Tails to shine a spotlight on National Dog Fighting Awareness Day.  We will have a special badge to add to your blog.  Further information will be posted, but please plan on helping us make a statement against this cruelest of animal abuse.  Thank you in advance for your participation.

Amy Shojai, CABC
      Participant
      @shojai

I just blogged about this at my http://www.puppies.about.com site, too (the whole front page focuses on the issue), but here’s the direct blog link:

http://puppies.about.com/b/2014/04/03/april-is-national-prevention-of-cruelty-to-animals-month.htm

I plan to attend the google+ hangout, too. *s*

Chelsea Price
      Participant
      @chels_335

This is a wonderful idea.  I will be joining in on Tuesday as well!  🙂  SO many adoptable pitties out there who get overlooked because of their “vicious” reputation. 🙁  Thanks for sharing!

Kristen Carr
      Participant
      @kristen1

Awesome! I just blogged about this as well: http://www.wellmindedpets.com/blog/2014/4/2/help-the-aspca-raise-awareness-about-dog-fighting-and-enter-our-giveaway

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

Can’t wait till we do our blog hop for this. It is such an important topic! And blog hops are a great way to get people involved! I hope we can count on you guys to participate! 

Clowie
      Participant
      @clowiescorner

I won’t be in the bloghop, but I’ve made a note to share links to participating blogs that day.

Dogs N Pawz
      @dogsnpawz

So glad you guys came up with the idea to do this through Tuesday’s Tails!  I think it is a great idea!

Jenna Drady said:

Can’t wait till we do our blog hop for this. It is such an important topic! And blog hops are a great way to get people involved! I hope we can count on you guys to participate! 

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

We were struggling with an idea of the best way to raise awareness, so it was great to hear that its its dog fighting awareness day on the 8th. Perfect time for a hop!!

Thank you for your participation as well! 

Dogs N Pawz said:

So glad you guys came up with the idea to do this through Tuesday’s Tails!  I think it is a great idea!

Jenna Drady said:

Janet
      Participant
      @jank

I think it’s great that you are doing this, and I am planning a post to join in.

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Thank you all so much for your support.  We have everything ready for Tuesday’s Tails special Dog Fighting Awareness Hop.  Sarah from Lola the Pitty made our badges.  She designed two so you can use either to post on your blog and Social Media.  Please spread the word to other bloggers and let’s make an impact on Tuesday.  We are fighting so they don’t have to!

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

Looking forward to tomorrow! Our badges are beautiful!!!  She did a wonderful badge!

Dogs N Pawz
      @dogsnpawz

The badges are awesome and I just finished my post!  I’m so excited that Tuesday’s Tails is being used for this very important cause.  I hope everyone joins us tomorrow in speaking out about dog fighting and once we have done that, please join us every Tuesday to feature a dog or cat that needs a forever home! 

Please visit our Tuesday’s Tails Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/TuesdaysTails

and like us while you’re at it!

Sue at For Love of a Dog
      Participant
      @sue3

A special note to the cat bloggers:  please know that we very much want you to participate, too.  Unfortunately, cats and kittens are all too often used as bait in training dogs for fighting!  Please join us and feel free to feature adoptable cats and kittens.

Amy Shojai, CABC
      Participant
      @shojai

Love the badges, just added one to my post ready to go tomorrow morning. What’s the link to join the hop?

Dogs N Pawz
      @dogsnpawz

This is the link for the hop:

<!– start LinkyTools script –>
      <script type=”text/javascript” src=”http://www.linkytools.com/thumbnail_linky_include.aspx?id=230853″></script&gt;
      <!– end LinkyTools script –>

Amy Shojai, CABC
      Participant
      @shojai

Thanks! Doesn’t work on my blog…will just come to your site I guess and add my url.

Ian Thomson
      @doglover.thomson521

Them badges look great. just adding the finishing touches to my post now I got a bit carried away though and ended up writing an essay.

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

Its hard not to get carried away. There is so much that needs to be said, so I don’t blame you one bit!!  🙂

Ian Thomson said:

Them badges look great. just adding the finishing touches to my post now I got a bit carried away though and ended up writing an essay.

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Hey!  Lola the Pitty already has her dog fighting blog live so you can join the hop now!  Thanks so much and don’t forget to grab the badge.  She has a new circular one that works better on colored backgrounds or Google+   Thanks so much!!  http://www.lolathepitty.com/ 

Ian Thomson
      @doglover.thomson521

Thanks for the update.

M. K. Clinton said:

Hey!  Lola the Pitty already has her dog fighting blog live so you can join the hop now!  Thanks so much and don’t forget to grab the badge.  She has a new circular one that works better on colored backgrounds or Google+   Thanks so much!!  http://www.lolathepitty.com/ 

L.E. Mastilock of RascalandRocco
      Participant
      @rascalandrocco

I had to put mine together quick, but thanks for the badges! I just barely got my post in for today & joined the hop. Phew!

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

Thanks for participating @Leah!

Leah Mastilock of RascalandRocco said:

I had to put mine together quick, but thanks for the badges! I just barely got my post in for today & joined the hop. Phew!

Amy Shojai, CABC
      Participant
      @shojai

Done and done!

Chelsea Price
      Participant
      @chels_335

Just posted mine!  

http://secondchances4animals.blogspot.com/2014/04/tuesdays-tails-starlight-tamer.html

I have plans all day and don’t have a lot of time right now, but I will be adding the badge and commenting on others’ posts later!  Thanks, all, for participating in this – it’s a huge issue!

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.