Home Forums Blog Talk Question about WordPress.org: Assistance with finding tech person

6 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Carol 12 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Hello BlogPaws fur-ends:

I am a very active blogger, managing two blogs, and proud to be named Best Dog Blog for one of those blogs by Dogtime Media this year. I have been to every BlogPaws and twice have been a guest speaker.

But HELP – I am managing my own blog on WordPress.org, had someone help me with it, understand a lot of the back end of things, but need a tech person so to speak. Someone to call on when things go awry, when things need changing, when I want something changed, CSS, things that are over my tech head.

My tech contact isn’t readily available and I don’t want to spend an arm, leg and/or paw to have someone to call on in times like these, which I am facing right now.

Can anyone give me some recommendations, people who don’t cost oodles, yet are hard-working, fairly priced and skilled in this sort of thing that can turn stuff around within a week?

This is one area I’d love to see more of at the BlogPaws conferences – advanced blog things for those of us who have been there, done that and are ready to take it to the next level and learn more about the tech end of it beyond 101. Can’t wait til Utah.

Please let me know. If’ you would like to email me privately, contact fidoseofreality at gmail(dot) com.

Thanks!

Carol

http://www.fidoseofreality.com

Tripawds
      @jerry1

Hi Carol, we would love to talk to you about this. We’ll send an email to you right now.

-Rene

Rebecca Braglio
      Participant
      @info145

Hey Carol

I can give you the information for the guy I use – his name is Vance Bell and he is really amazing – I think he generally charges about $80 an hour, so I don’t know if that is out of the range.  But he works FAST – he redid my whole website in less than two weeks and has done some upgrades in a matter of hours of turnaround time.  If you want more info, just email me at info@thephillydog.com.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Thanks all. I appreciate the referrals.

Rachel Phelps
      @preston

We are starting up our own company now Preston Media Group and my husband who is my tech person this is his “baby” so to speak.  I’m sure he would love to help you.  He is an IT professional by day and my wordpress expert at night and weekends for our blog. If your interested just e-mail us at preston (at) prestonspeaks (dot) com.

Brit Springer
      @info129

Hi Carol – I do this for a living (adogsjournal.com is wp) – I’m available everyday as I own my own Multimedia design firm, One Ear Productions, Inc. 🙂

If you ever have any questions/ help please feel free to contact me 🙂

Cheers,

Brit

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Thanks all for replying. I will be in touch when the time is indeed right.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.