Home Forums Blogging Tips & Tricks Twitter Share Button on Blogger

6 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Melissa K. 7 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Can anyone offer me some help?  I cannot get my Twitter share buttons to work on my Blogger page.  I have uninstalled the sidebar widget and it didn’t help.  I get “Oops! Something went wrong.” or “Too many words.” There are two at the bottom of each post and my widget.  None of them work.  Of course, I can’t get anything from Twitter.  This just suddenly happened one day last month.  

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

Hmm, not sure about this since I’m not too familiar with Blogger. Is it an app from Twitter or a 3rd party? I’d try googling the name of the app and see if you find anything from anyone else that had similar issues. 

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

I deleted all of the Twitter shares except the one that Blogger adds on the share buttons at the end of each post.  It doesn’t work for me, but others can use it.  I am at a total loss on what to do.

Aimee @ Irresistible Pets said:

Hmm, not sure about this since I’m not too familiar with Blogger. Is it an app from Twitter or a 3rd party? I’d try googling the name of the app and see if you find anything from anyone else that had similar issues. 

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

It is on my template for Blogger.  It seems to work if others tweet from my site, but it will not allow me to tweet.  I think I deleted something trying to make my laptop run faster.  I did a diagnostic report and it suggested things to delete.  Duh, not a good idea when you don’t know what you are deleting. I cannot find anything to tell me what I should do at this point.  If anyone has any suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

Aimee @ Irresistible Pets said:

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

The problem was with my initials. Twitter reads M as a code.

Jessica
      Participant
      @Beaglesandbargains

Did you ever get it fixed??

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Yes, someone from Twitter finally contacted me. Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.