Home Forums Blog Talk Vertical Community vs. Networks

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Kathy H Porter 11 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality
      I’ve had a few emails cross my inbox lately where folks asked “what is the difference between a vertical community and a network.” 
      Have you heard the term “vertical community?”A vertical community is a collection of websites and/or blogs that all share a common content focus. Some examples of this type of content are pets, cooking, or fashion. These sites often work together to share content and advertising.

The opposite of a vertical community is a “network” which is a collection of sites that do not have a similar content focus, but share similarities amongst their target audience, such as men age 25-54 or women age 18-25.

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

thanks Carol, I had never heard of either term til now

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

I need to do something with this info, so I am glad to share it with everyone here. 😉

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

and we appreciate it!

Carol Bryant said:

I need to do something with this info, so I am glad to share it with everyone here. 😉

Kia
      Participant
      @comewagalong

I’ve never heard these terms…thanks for sharing 🙂

Kathy H Porter
      @ms.khporter

I’m changing the subject – thought you guys might want to see my Q&A interview with Amy Shojai:

http://healingrescuedogs.com/2012/09/28/amy-shojai-is-in-the-house-talking-about-her-newest-book/

Sorry for the long link….

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.