Home Forums Blog Talk What Can BlogPaws Do For You?

17 replies, 9 voices Last updated by Elizabeth Benoit 11 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

We’re asking our Community members what we, BlogPaws, can do to assist you. We’d love your feedback and even created a quick survey (seriously, seconds on this one, but oh-so-helpful for us).

Just visit: http://bit.ly/TDq3J8

I often get asked, “Well what does BlogPaws do outside of the yearly conference?” Lots would be an understatement and doesn’t really sum it all up. Here are a few things I wanted to share that BlogPaws does (with MUCH on the agenda):

Community

If you are reading this, then you are a part of the year-Round Community: With over 1,500 members, the BlogPaws community is a forum where you can ask questions, get advice, network, vent, chat about animals, blogging, and meet people doing the same. There are many “groups” in the community so navigating is easy. Right now we’re chatting about how to find time to get everything done, avoid social media “drift,” BlogPaws Change and how to help animals in need, protecting photos from being lifted, and more.

Bonus: Get Noticed: Twice a month we feature a pet from the community and a blogger in the network. This piece of prime real estate helps bloggers and their pets get noticed.

Twitter

The second Tuesday, connect with a #blogpawschat on Twitter. Using the hashtag, #blogpawschat, from 8 to 10 p.m. EST. BlogPaws staff is on hand for the chats, too. More to come in the near future, so stay tuned.

Ad Network

Are you in the BlogPaws ad network? Did you know BlogPaws HAS an ad network? Members of the community can request to join. Let us know in the community and we’ll get you started. Oh, and it’s easy without the need for an advanced degree in HTML coding.

Media Connections

We connect with media on television, radio, print, and online year-round. We talk about blogging, microbloggers, our members, the significance and importance of bloggers in this ever-changing electronic age. We call upon our community as expert sources of information with the media.

Blogger Programs

Brands work with BlogPaws year-round to engage with pet bloggers. When the lights shut off on the final day of our yearly conference, we’re already planning our next steps. Brands look to BlogPaws for bloggers that want to engage and be a part of their year-round planning. If monetizing is on your agenda, these are the types of things we do year-round.

BlogPaws Change

BlogPaws encourages giving back. In fact, in four conferences, we’ve donated over $45,000 in products, goods, and cash to shelters and rescues in need. Do you want to be a part of the change? Join the network, monetize, and do whatever you please with the money you make: including donating it to a shelter or rescue of your choice. Our Special Projects Manager, Kristin Dewey, can assist in guiding you through and getting started.

We have several things on the horizon and will be revealing those in the weeks and months to come. BlogPaws launched in 2009, we’ve got four conferences under our belt, er leash, and we’ve only just begun. You’ve seen our BlogPaws 2013 Conference announcement, right? We’re planning that, too…stay tuned and stay in touch.

So how can BlogPaws help you? Tell us here: http://bit.ly/TDq3J8

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

Just sent mine in!

Ian Thomson
      @doglover.thomson521

All done.

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Excellent…. we’re here to help… thank YOU!

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

my pleasure!!

Carol Bryant said:

Excellent…. we’re here to help… thank YOU!

Tripawds
      @jerry1

Wow, I had no idea about the ad network! I’m going over to take the survey. Thanks!

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Super. Thanks @Rene.

CJ and My Favorite Pup Jasmine
      @myfavpupjasmine

Just finished the survey.  🙂   We LOVED going to BlogPaws!!  😀

Martha Steward
      @picabo1964

Wow great information did not know about the ad network and the media connections. Survey completed Thank you : )

cd mclean
      @mcleacd

Carol,

My understanding is that new people aren’t being added to the blog roll because of a redesign that is in progress.  I’m pretty sure I fall into the category. Being a part of the blog roll is a big part of Blog Paws. Is there any due date on when they might start adding the new people?

Cheryl

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Let me find out for you, Cheryl.

cd mclean
      @mcleacd

Thanks so much!!

Cheryl

Carol Bryant said:

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

yep that is true!!! Dakota’s blog isn’t there either but Cat Chat is. They did say the weren’t going to add blogs until the redesign is up and running but I don’t know when that is either 🙂

Carol Bryant said:

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

@Cheryl… Right now BlogPaws is not adding any new links to the blogroll. The site will be redesigned; but for the time being, keep networking here, be a part of our ad network, come to the conferences and stay tuned for more announcements to come. Hope that helps! 

cd mclean
      @mcleacd

@Carol and @caren Is there a date for when the redesign will be finished?  I noticed that there isn’t a form to submit your info to them anymore, but it says if you have submitted it, they received it.  It was so long ago, I’m not sure I did.  I think I did.  I know I sent an email, but I don’t know if I actually sent in a form….

eeep. Old age is annoying…I wish I had my memory back! 😎

Cheryl

Caren Osrin Gittleman said:

yep that is true!!! Dakota’s blog isn’t there either but Cat Chat is. They did say the weren’t going to add blogs until the redesign is up and running but I don’t know when that is either 🙂

Carol Bryant said:

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

@cd Hi there and good morning – I don’t have that information available, but we will definitely keep you posted. Meantime, keep hanging in with us here in the Community and oin us  for #BlogPawsChat on the second Tuesday of each month, from 8-10 pm ET. Follow hashtag #BlogPawsChat on Twitter to catch up with all your pals and make new friends. Everyone is invited.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

@cd, I think that form was there for quite awhile. I probably filled it out a couple times thinking it was to be added to the blogroll, but I think it was to get information about this community especially before the community came into being (I probably first saw the form about 2 years ago).

I’m hoping a blog directory is part of the redesign. With over 1500 members it is very hard to find everyone’s blogs so a directory that lets you search by niche (dog, cat, multi-pet, etc) would be awesome and then maybe they could feature 1 or 2 or 3 blogs on the main page for a period of time. My blog was featured at the top of the BlogPaws page for awhile and it made me feel special (plus gave me some nice traffic).

Elizabeth Benoit
      @ehbenoit

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.