1. Obesity: Is your pet carrying some extra pounds? Obesity is a serious problem in cats and dogs since it can lead to a wide variety of conditions like diabetes, joint problems, heart disease, and back problems. Nutritional therapy and exercise are important in correcting weight issues. Natural medicine can also help to improve digestion and address underlying imbalances. Recreational swimming for dogs is a low-impact exercise which is helpful in shedding pounds and providing a whole body workout.
2. Allergies: Is your cat or dog suffering with allergies? Holistic medicine is excellent for treating complex, auto-immune type reactions like allergies. Chiropractic care, acupuncture, and natural medicine may reduce or eliminate symptoms such as upper respiratory issues and skin problems. Treatment is aimed at finding underlying causes, removing irritants, and supporting the immune system.
3. Digestive problems: Holistic medicine can address common digestive ailments such as vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, and irritable bowel syndrome. Holistic practitioners focus on the root cause of the problem and may use nutritional therapy, acupuncture, natural medicine, and chiropractic care to correct GI disturbances. Healthy digestion is vital to overall wellness.
4. Fleas, ticks, and other pests: Looking for natural flea control? There are an array of natural products containing essential oils and herbs that exhibit natural pesticide and disinfectant properties. Herbs like neem and yarrow can ward off fleas, ticks, and other critters. Certain hydrosols or essential oils like citronella and peppermint can assist in healing bites and alleviating dermatitis. Acupuncture and chiropractic care can decrease related inflammation and return the body to a balanced state.
5. Age-related joint pain: Is your dog or cat suffering from arthritis? Holistic medicine can ease aches and pains, improve mobility, and help your animal live more comfortably in their elder years. Ask our staff how acupuncture, chiropractic care, natural supplements, and rehab exercises can help your animal stay active.
6. Emotional imbalances: Social problems like separation anxiety and fear can be addressed using a holistic approach. Nutritional therapy, herbal supplements, massage, and acupuncture treat both the physical and emotional aspects of the body. They help to relax the body and mind.
7. Post-surgical Recovery: Complementary medicine such as rehab therapy, acupuncture, and herbal or natural medicine can decrease recovery time and pain, help maintain strength, and improve mobility.
8. Cancer Support: If your pet has been diagnosed with cancer, holistic medicine can help support the immune system, improve energy, decrease pain, and ease the side-effects of medications.
9. Dental Health: Natural medicine can assist in preventing periodontal disease, a common problem in cats and dogs. Herbal and natural supplements help by restoring intestinal health and fighting bacteria in the mouth. Essential oils have antiseptic, soothing properties that decrease inflammation.