Home Forums Blog Talk A #BlogPawsChat tonight: Very Special Event

6 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Carolyn Mullin 10 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

If you like helping animals, tonight’s your night: From 8 to 10 pm EDT, please join BlogPaws for a very special event.

Follow hashtag #BlogPawsChat on Twitter as we engage with the Hill’s company to discuss the Hill’s Food, Shelter, & Love™ program and their Disaster Relief Network. There will also be the opportunity a few times during the chat to win treats for your cat(s) and/or dog(s)!

Why is this important to pet bloggers with a passion for animals? Since the program launch earlier this year, Hill’s has been able to interact with the pet shelter community and ensure food donations are available. The support has been overwhelming, with over 150 eligible applications submitted within the first three months of the program! BlogPaws believes in giving back with our Be the Change for Pets program, and Hill’s commitment to supporting animal shelters is in line with our goals.

Who will be there from Team Hill’s:

Arnaud Brel, who leads the shelter & professional endorsement programs for Hill’s US. Arnaud joined Hill’s Pet Nutrition in 1997 in France, his home country. He moved to the U.S. in 2011 with his wife, 3 daughters and 12 year old cat, Satine. His latest edition to the family was Herbie, a 9 year old black pug, who was adopted from the Lawrence Humane Society two years ago.

Dianne Perkins, the U.S. Shelter Program Manager, has been with Hill’s for 24 years – 7 of which have been spent working on the Shelter Program. She’s happily married with 3 college age children, an adopted 3 year old Border Collie Mix, Cooper, and a 4 1/5 lb two year old Yorkie, Ozzy.

Arnaud and Diane will both be tweeting from @HillsPet to answer your questions about Hill’s programs.

So join us tonight, from 8 to 10 pm EST, using hashtag #BlogPawsChat. In the meantime, check out the benefits to shelters, shelter application page, and see you there!

Waggingly,

Team BlogPaws

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

Can’t wait to chat with everyone tonight! 

-Aimee

Carolyn Mullin
      @CarolynJMullin

Wow that was disappointing.  My first time to come and be able to be there the whole time and I replied to the Blog Paws Team telling them what I do and asking them to follow me,…  they ignored me.   I wrote to HillsPets (all with the correct hash tags and @’s) and they ignored me.  I was very good at RT’ing many items.  I have no idea why I was ignored but it doesn’t make me want to come back anytime soon.  This is my only connection (since I’m disabled) to you right now and I was looking for help from Hills Pets and how I can get help from them with my local animal control (which is working very hard with other shelters and volunteers) to become No-Kill in some areas.  But I never got the first chance to do that because I wasn’t even greeted there.  I adopted my dog from there on her kill date 9 years ago.  I now want to go there on Thursdays and volunteer at the computer and in bringing donated food and I will continue making my homemade dog treats.  I guess I’ll look online for my own ways to get in touch instead of going the way I preferred which was Blog Paws Chat.   I may not be “one of the regulars” but I thought someone would notice me.   #verysad  I was there at 5pm for 20 minutes and then gave up.

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Carolyn, I tweeted you a few times and so did @FelissaHadas. We asked you not to leave. You are not a regular, but we treat everyone with respect and attention. I noticed you. I am BlogPaws staff. Felissa noticed you and she is BlogPaws staff.

We have thousands of folks in the chat at one time, quite literally, and we are fast moving. You can read more from Hills Pet and we are happy to share all the links. In fact, you should come to the BlogPaws Community chat here tomorrow from 8:30 to 10:30. It is more intimate and not as fast moving. I’d be glad to show you around.

Many of our members have disabilities and restrictions and we definitely welcome everyone who is a pet person, a pet parent, a pet blogger, and with a passion for pets in general.

Please reconsider and know that we never ignore folks. With a very fast moving chat it is possible you won’t get a direct response, but get to know us and you’ll see how very much we do care.

I hope you will reconsider. In any case, I do follow you and value your opinion. Feel free to write me directly at carol@blogpaws.com.

Carolyn Mullin said:

Wow that was disappointing.  My first time to come and be able to be there the whole time and I replied to the Blog Paws Team telling them what I do and asking them to follow me,…  they ignored me.   I wrote to HillsPets (all with the correct hash tags and @’s) and they ignored me.  I was very good at RT’ing many items.  I have no idea why I was ignored but it doesn’t make me want to come back anytime soon.  This is my only connection (since I’m disabled) to you right now and I was looking for help from Hills Pets and how I can get help from them with my local animal control (which is working very hard with other shelters and volunteers) to become No-Kill in some areas.  But I never got the first chance to do that because I wasn’t even greeted there.  I adopted my dog from there on her kill date 9 years ago.  I now want to go there on Thursdays and volunteer at the computer and in bringing donated food and I will continue making my homemade dog treats.  I guess I’ll look online for my own ways to get in touch instead of going the way I preferred which was Blog Paws Chat.   I may not be “one of the regulars” but I thought someone would notice me.   #verysad  I was there at 5pm for 20 minutes and then gave up.

Yvonne
      Participant
      @yvonne1

hi Carolyn,

I was getting lost a lot, too! I try to follow and reply to as many as I can. I hope we can convince you to come to another chat and give us another chance. Is there anything you need from us to connect you to Hill’s? I can try to make that introduction for you. I’m truly sorry we seemed to be ignoring you. You are important to us. And, I, personally, am interested in hearing more about your homemade treats. I wish I had a recipe I could actually make. I am such a failure at making homemade treats.  You can email me any time at yvonne@blogpaws.com I truly am sorry we seemed to neglect you!

Carolyn Mullin
      @CarolynJMullin

Thank you Carol….  I was already gone by the time the replies to my goodbye got there.  My back was killing me from sitting so long today doing Halloween prep. for a dog party here and then the trick or treaters.  Thank you for all that you covered in your letter to me, that was very nice!   I don’t get on Twitter intentionally a lot myself, I get auto tweets from my blogs and then tribes (I don’t know if that closed or not yet).   I gave up reviewing products for a company so that I could better get to know Blog Paws and the people and dogs and cats who are members because my dog means everything to me.  I will write to you in email this weekend.         Thank you!

Carol Bryant said:

Carolyn, I tweeted you a few times and so did @FelissaHadas. We asked you not to leave. You are not a regular, but we treat everyone with respect and attention. I noticed you. I am BlogPaws staff. Felissa noticed you and she is BlogPaws staff.

We have thousands of folks in the chat at one time, quite literally, and we are fast moving. You can read more from Hills Pet and we are happy to share all the links. In fact, you should come to the BlogPaws Community chat here tomorrow from 8:30 to 10:30. It is more intimate and not as fast moving. I’d be glad to show you around.

Many of our members have disabilities and restrictions and we definitely welcome everyone who is a pet person, a pet parent, a pet blogger, and with a passion for pets in general.

Please reconsider and know that we never ignore folks. With a very fast moving chat it is possible you won’t get a direct response, but get to know us and you’ll see how very much we do care.

I hope you will reconsider. In any case, I do follow you and value your opinion. Feel free to write me directly at carol@blogpaws.com.

Carolyn Mullin said:

Carolyn Mullin
      @CarolynJMullin

Yvonne DiVita said:

hi Carolyn,

I was getting lost a lot, too! I try to follow and reply to as many as I can. I hope we can convince you to come to another chat and give us another chance. Is there anything you need from us to connect you to Hill’s? I can try to make that introduction for you. I’m truly sorry we seemed to be ignoring you. You are important to us. And, I, personally, am interested in hearing more about your homemade treats. I wish I had a recipe I could actually make. I am such a failure at making homemade treats.  You can email me any time at yvonne@blogpaws.com I truly am sorry we seemed to neglect you!

Hi Yvonne!  Thank you!  I have a passion for the treats.  Started years ago always giving them to the kill shelter and a wolf rescue.  I was friends with one of the staff for them and ever since she introduced me to one directly one on one, I fell in love with them!   I will write to you in email this weekend!  No worries and thank you.  

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.