Home Forums Blogging Tips & Tricks Advertising on Blog Questions

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Carol 11 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Sierra Koester
      @sierrakoester

I was approached by a well-know company who would like to advertise on my cat blog.  They inquired about my pricing and policies.  I don’t even know where to begin.  How do I determine a fair price for advertising on my blog?  Why kinds of policies should I be putting into place?  And what are my options for adding a company’s ads to my Blogger blog?  For instance, I know I can add HTML code in the sidebar, but what else can I do? 

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide me!

Pamela (Something Wagging)
      Participant
      @somethingwagging

Hi Sierra,

I’m doing a similar process myself. I started by visiting blog similar to mine who accept advertising. I created a simple chart that included their rates (often listed on a blog page), number of subscribers, FB fans, or any other info I could find. Now I just have to compose my rate sheet.

The other thing I did was create a statement on my blog about the types of ads I’d accept. It’s nice to have something to point to when businesses approach you. Here’s mine: http://www.somethingwagging.com/pr-friendly-advertising-and-disclaimers/

Hope this helps and that others share their advice. But given how busy people are around the holidays you might want to try again after the new year. 🙂

Good luck

Pamela

Pamela Douglas Webster
      An Amateur’s Musings on Dogs and Their People
      Become a fan on Facebook.
      Follow us on Twitter.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.” – Groucho Marx

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Great advice, Pamela.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.