Home Forums Blog Talk Anyone Ever Heard Of BlogStand Media?

10 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Deborah TaylorFrench 12 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

Hi all,

Has anyone ever heard of BlogStand Media?

They sent me an email wanting “to do business” w/me…….must be fake…here is their link 

http://blogstandmedia.com

Yvonne
      Participant
      @yvonne1

They seem to be sending this to everyone, Caren. I mean, anyone connected to pets. BlogPaws received it, also. Looks like they’re trying to ‘grow’ on the backs of folks already involved in the pet community. Proceed with caution. 

Kathy H Porter
      @ms.khporter

Hi Caren – might be a fake – might not be.  When I put the words blog stand media into google search, THIS is what comes up:  http://blogstandmedia.com/ — if you click on my link, hopefully you’ll see what I saw which is what appears to be a real web site. Has a deep blue background, a decent graphic branding who they are and a lot of interesting info….

Not sure what to tell you.  You can always send a “thank you for your inquiry” email back to them and see what happens. 

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

Hi Kathy!

I saw the same thing….I appreciate your getting back to me. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of them.

I think what I will do is ask how much they are planning on paying me…THAT will get rid of them in NO TIME! lol

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

Thanks Yvonne I appreciate it! That is what I thought as well. did you see what i just wrote? I am going to mention $$$$$ that will get rid of them for sure!!!! lol

Yvonne DiVita said:

They seem to be sending this to everyone, Caren. I mean, anyone connected to pets. BlogPaws received it, also. Looks like they’re trying to ‘grow’ on the backs of folks already involved in the pet community. Proceed with caution. 

Stephanie
      Participant
      @huletts

I haven’t heard of them either. I would for sure ask them about money. Based on what I see on their website, they look like they are either going through an identity crisis or they’re expanding their business, or both. If you look in the advertisers section, they state that they target the male demographic. If you go into their network section and look at their Verticle Markets, it seems like they might be heading down the road of targeting the female demographic. That might explain why they’re hitting up pet bloggers. That market tends to be more female driven. If you think your blog is mostly female, you might also want to ask them why they’re inviting you to join when their website clearly shows they are focused on the male demographic. Even if they are legit, it still might not be a good fit.

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

thanks Stephanie! I had looked at the site but not as closely as you did.

I did write him back about what are they willing to pay and he said “they don’t normally pay” then he said how “large” they are and that I can use THEM…I told them I was so large that I don’t need them (not true lol)…then he changed his tune and said that he would see what he could work on …then I told him I would “give it some thought” which really meant “thanks but no thanks”….no worries! I’m not doing anything with them! Thanks so much!

Kathy H Porter
      @ms.khporter

You may not want to work with them, but what exactly is it that they’re offering you?  I absolutely agree that if this is not a mutually agreeable arrangement, then you don’t go forward.  However, the learning curve is huge here – for the next time someone makes you an offer. 

Stephanie – I looked at their “about page” and from that, both guys who are featured on that page, explain that they are now targeting women.

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

Hi Kathy, that’s the point. They’re offering nothing and I had (and have) no intentions of doing anything. It is a link exchange. I was wondering if anyone had heard of them. But no….I am not doing anything. I get these frequently but this one sounded a little more above board than most (at first) and that is why I was questioning it. 

Kathy H Porter
      @ms.khporter

Got it. 

Deborah TaylorFrench
      @dtfwriter

All good to know as I go forward with my blog. Thanks for sharing everybody.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.