Home Forums Blog Talk Anyone knowledgeable on pet strollers?

9 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Emmy Scammahorn 9 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Ann Marie Hoff
      Participant
      @annmariehoff

I have been looking forward to taking my two bichon rescues to this blogpaws in Vegas ever since last year in DC when I saw how much fun the dogs had at the conference. My dogs Gracie and Lucie are social animals, and they love to be right in the action.

The problem is that Lucie has been diagnosed with Immune mediated Hemolytic Anemia in January. It has been a scary illness, and I have watched my dog balloon from 13 to 20 pounds on predisone. She is stable now, and I have been taking her off the predicsone slowly. the problem is, she jumped off the couch in her heavy condition and jammed her shoulder. She will not walk on all four feet for the last 2.5 weeks.

If she doesn’t come, that means I have to leave someone else to handle her medication, and she is separated from her sister, a dog she has spent every minute of her life with since I have had the girls. IF she does come, she doesn’t have the stamina to be running around like she did pre- IMHA. 

So – I am thinking of bringing her in a stroller- however- WHAT TYPE OF STROLLER- there are HUNDREDS! I don’t want to buy a fancy one, but I don’t want something cheap and breakable either. 

SO I AM LOOKING FOR ADVICE ON WHAT TYPE OF STROLLER- WHERE TO BUY & WHAT TO LOOK FOR. PLEASE HELP!!!

I would like for both dogs to be able to rest in it- so I am talking 2 20 pound dogs basically, that are really well behaved.

THanks in advance, and I can’t wait to see you all in VEGAS!!!

Namaste,

Ann 

RosezellasWay.com

@Annimallover

Jodi
      Participant
      @kolchakpuggle

I don’t recommend the Kyjen stroller. Mine broke after just a few uses. With 2 x 20 lb dogs, you won’t have many choices due to weight. Make sure you check the weight restriction on the models you look at, as most are for far less than that!

Pet Gear has a few up to 60 lbs that you might want to check out!@

Ann Marie Hoff
      Participant
      @annmariehoff

Thanks for the input- that is the type of information I need to know- I appreciate it!

Jodi Chick said:

I don’t recommend the Kyjen stroller. Mine broke after just a few uses. With 2 x 20 lb dogs, you won’t have many choices due to weight. Make sure you check the weight restriction on the models you look at, as most are for far less than that!

Pet Gear has a few up to 60 lbs that you might want to check out!@

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

I have a PetGear. It holds up to 70 lbs but I am not sure how because there is barely enough room For 4 – 10 lb Doxies 🙂

Participant
      @adventurejess

BTW…..I have the new PetGear NVR model. It’s fancier than you probably want but, for some perspective, I was able to find a “seconds” one online for about $150….which is half the cost of a new one.

Participant
      @adventurejess

And Jodi….Didn’t you do a tutorial on how to convert a kids stroller?

Jodi
      Participant
      @kolchakpuggle

I did, but I don’t think it would be suitable for two dog, due to lack of “floor space” so to speak.

Here it is if you’re interested. It was WAY cheaper than a pet stroller because I bought it used,.

http://kolchakpuggle.com/2013/09/how-to-convert-a-childrens-stroller-for-your-dog.html

I LOVE my Dogger Stroller. I bought it when my pup Cosmo was diagnosed with Cancer. Here’s what it looks like: http://www.todogwithlove.com/2012/09/wordless-wednesday-walk-and-roll-with.html

I bought it here: http://www.dogquality.com/dog-strollers.html

Hope this helps!

Diane

Ann Marie Hoff
      Participant
      @annmariehoff

Diane- I love it! Plus just noticed you have INFUSIONSOFT on the video- i have infusionsoft but can never get anyone to work on it for me because everyone acts like i am talking latin or something- let me know how you are getting it done-

Thanks,

Ann

Diane Silver @ To Dog With Love said:

I LOVE my Dogger Stroller. I bought it when my pup Cosmo was diagnosed with Cancer. Here’s what it looks like: http://www.todogwithlove.com/2012/09/wordless-wednesday-walk-and-ro…

I bought it here: http://www.dogquality.com/dog-strollers.html

Hope this helps!

Diane

Emmy Scammahorn
      Participant
      @escammahorn

Check with Pepper Pom’s mom. She’s in Vegas already so may be hard to reach but she’ll know a lot. pepperpom@gmail.com

Good luck

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.