Home Forums Blogging Tips & Tricks Anyone use a video capture tool?

10 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Julia 9 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

I am thinking of doing some video capturing ala a video capture tool and I am going to try Snagit. I don’t have a big budget, don’t need anything fancy, and wondering if anyone has tried it. In the bit I have looked at so far, it seems great. 

Thanks!

Pamela (Something Wagging)
      Participant
      @somethingwagging

I haven’t started doing screen capture yet but plan to for my home buyer’s blog.

I plan on using Screenflow (I’m a Mac girl). But I’ve also seen Camtasia recommended for PCs.

Can’t wait to see what you end up doing.

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

I just needed something small, easy and can rock it without a ton of bells and whistles. Let me know how you like Screenflow. They have Snagit for Mac I believe, too. I am a MAC girl but have a Windows desktop, too.

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

Check out Jing, http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

It’s like the little sister to Camtasia but it’s free. I’m an instructional designer and create a lot of eLearning training programs and used to use Jing a lot! 

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

It’s like the little sister to Camtasia but it’s free. I’m an instructional designer and create a lot of eLearning training programs and used to use Jing a lot! 

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

Paul Mather – Snowdog Guru
      @paulwmather

I am a Mac user myself and use ScreenFlow Pro, it’s great but costs about $99. 

I previously used Jing which wasn’t bad either.

Geoffrey
      Participant
      @aimablecats

I have found (but not tried) Easy Screen Capture Video for Windows which is $9.00 or $9.95; but if you want to record audio with it, it’s $19.95.

Julia
      Participant
      @JuliaRue2

I’ve used Camtasia at work and I like it quite a bit though it requires a little money – I think $200. 

Also, if you have something like GoToMeeting, you can usually video capture that way, then you can actually put it into PowePoint and make a finished product. Not the smoothest method, but it worked when I didn’t have any other resources for a demo. 

I saw Snagit and wasn’t terribly impressed, but I believe it was a super stripped down version.

Carol
      Participant
      @fidoseofreality

Thanks so much, Julia. I bought SnagIt and have been very happy. 

Julia
      Participant
      @JuliaRue2

Good to hear! It looks like there might even be a free version as a Google Chrome app.

Are you updating the intro videos for BlogPaws? I noticed the navigation and other things had changed when I was reviewing them.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.