Home Forums Blog Talk Austin Pet Expo

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by TXpups 9 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

TXpups
      Participant
      @txpups3

Hello everybody! I apologize in advance if this is not the right topic to post this in, or if it’s not allowed.

As of now, we will be attending the Austin Pet Expo. It’s our first pet “event” (for lack of a better word) and we wanted to ask if anybody had some tips for us. We also had a few questions that we hope you can answer;

1. Are you attending the Austin Pet Expo? We’d love to meet some fellow BlogPawsers!

2. What should we expect from this type of event (during and after)?

3. What can we gain from this type of event? Do you find these events are the best places to get sponsors? Maybe followers?

4. What are the best tactics to get sponsors? I’m not the best talking face to face, so I’d love a few tips to talking to potential sponsors.

5. What’s the best place for business cards? Have you sponsored or advertised with any business card companies before? 

5. Is there anything we should bring? Besides the essentials, water, treats, leash, dog.

Here is the expo’s website. Thank you everybody!

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

Hey guys, as you know I’m attending and I was actually going to post some questions like yours. I went last year, here is a link with some photos – http://www.mypawsitivelypets.com/2013/08/the-austin-pet-expo-experience.html

I think that if you really wanted to promote yourself, the best way would be to rent a booth. But visiting is a great way to network with rescues, brands, and other pet owners. Of course, just thinking about it makes me wonder how exactly you approach them… I’ll be bringing some business cards along. I got mine from Build-a-sign.com, who I did a review with about a year ago. 

You should expect that it is going to be PACKED with tons of dogs around. 

At this point, I know of one other blogger besides yourself that is going. She will have a booth at the expo because she has a pet bed business. Her blog/website is Sassmuffins.com and I’ve been following her for a while. Her name is Christy. Melissa from Barking from the Bayou said she might go, but I’m not 100% on that. 

TXpups
      Participant
      @txpups3

Thanks for all your tips! Love the photos you took. We’re excited to get lots of treats! (I know a few puppies that will appreciate them)

Ann Staub said:

Hey guys, as you know I’m attending and I was actually going to post some questions like yours. I went last year, here is a link with some photos – http://www.mypawsitivelypets.com/2013/08/the-austin-pet-expo-experi…

I think that if you really wanted to promote yourself, the best way would be to rent a booth. But visiting is a great way to network with rescues, brands, and other pet owners. Of course, just thinking about it makes me wonder how exactly you approach them… I’ll be bringing some business cards along. I got mine from Build-a-sign.com, who I did a review with about a year ago. 

You should expect that it is going to be PACKED with tons of dogs around. 

At this point, I know of one other blogger besides yourself that is going. She will have a booth at the expo because she has a pet bed business. Her blog/website is Sassmuffins.com and I’ve been following her for a while. Her name is Christy. Melissa from Barking from the Bayou said she might go, but I’m not 100% on that. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.