Home Forums Content Sharing Become a Disc Dog Star

7 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Amanda Yantos 10 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Mark Scott
      @mlsctt2033

Hi everyone, 

This is my first content share with the BlogPaws community.  I just posted a short piece on my ambitions to work with Veruca on becoming a great disc dog team.  However, we have some big obstacles to overcome.  

Check out the post here:

http://www.damiensbestdogtoys.com/verucas-first-step-towards-disc-dog-stardom/

Thanks,

Mark

Jen | DOGthusiast&FoundPixel.com
      Participant
      @kidderton

Hey Mark! So glad to see you here!

So I see in my inbox “Become a Disc Dog Star” *click* Read the thread and notice a blogging buddy and find your link *click* and then see that you linked my post at the beginning! 🙂  Thank you SO much for the honor, and so happy that you found it useful. 

I love your picture of Veruca’s idea of fetch. 

I’ll go and put a comment on the post! It’s such a great read, and what so many people will be working on with non-fetch-interested dogs. 

Mark Scott
      @mlsctt2033

Jen,

It was my pleasure to include the link and I am glad you liked the post. I think it is only right to give credit to the post that was the inspiration for my post.

Heading over to the blog now to read some of the comments.

Jen deHaan | DOGthusiast.com said:

Hey Mark! So glad to see you here!

So I see in my inbox “Become a Disc Dog Star” *click* Read the thread and notice a blogging buddy and find your link *click* and then see that you linked my post at the beginning! 🙂  Thank you SO much for the honor, and so happy that you found it useful. 

I love your picture of Veruca’s idea of fetch. 

I’ll go and put a comment on the post! It’s such a great read, and what so many people will be working on with non-fetch-interested dogs. 

Sarah
      @lolathepitty1

Great post 🙂 – we also have a ‘disc dog’…if you can call her that. It’s more for fun, we haven’t competed or anything and just started last Fall. It’s a great outlet for her energy though. Also a big fan of DogThusiast!

-Sarah at lolathepitty.com

Sharon Seltzer
      @sjseltzer

Hi Mark.  I just read your entertaining story. I’m not sure if Veruca will become a great disc dog, but I enjoyed reading about your personal experience and how you tied the story to clicker training and a book review.  Nice job.

– Sharon

http://lessonsfromaparalyzeddog.com

My blog is also about a dog with special needs.

Mark Scott
      @mlsctt2033

Hi Sharon,  Thanks for reading my post.  You are probably correct that Veruca will never win any disc dog trophies, but if we can get out and even compete in a disc dog event that would be amazing.  We will just have as much fun as possible along the way.  Th

Thanks for your interest,

Mark 

Mark Scott
      @mlsctt2033

Yes, I am thinking that the the sport will be helpful in burning off the excess energy.  I personally can’t wait for the snow to melt and the temperature to get above 10 so we can get outside and practice.

Sarah said:

Great post 🙂 – we also have a ‘disc dog’…if you can call her that. It’s more for fun, we haven’t competed or anything and just started last Fall. It’s a great outlet for her energy though. Also a big fan of DogThusiast!

-Sarah at lolathepitty.com

Amanda Yantos
      Participant
      @ayantos22

Hi Mark! 

I loved your blog post – I was very similar to you, as I was looking for a good bonding activity for my Chihuahua, Wynston, and I.  I rescued him almost exactly 2 years ago and he was very fearful for a long time.  My dream was to get involved in agility, so I got Wynston into it.  It’s been the best thing ever.  Wynston is confident, strong, focused and more social than ever!  

Keep persevering!!!

Amanda

Blog: dogmomdays.com

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.