Home Forums Blog Talk Blog Branding Services

5 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Ashley Mercer 8 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Ashley Mercer
      Participant
      @pawsitivelyflora

Hi everyone! 

I’m fairly new! My names Ashley and I’ve recently just started to venture out on my own from Freelance writting. My blog can be found over at http://www.pawsitivelyflora.com, for those of you who’d like to take a peek before the launch!

My question is, has anyone hired a professional to work on creating your blogs brand? I’ve seen alot of people advertising these services ($1000+). I’m thinking of investing in it as I have a realy hard time with code and graphics in general.

If you have used someone, do you have any recommendations? 

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Hi Flora. Welcome to pet blogging.

When you say “create your blog’s brand” it sounds like you mean website/social appearance (vs. the “total package” – name, mission, vision, voice, niche, etc plus appearance)?

If you are asking about web services, yes, many people in this community have gotten assistance in one way or another. For my blog design – found at YouDidWhatWithYourWiener.com – I started with a WordPress theme and idea in mind. I hired someone to get everything installed and set up properly, I did as much of the designing as I could on my own working with the WordPress settings and appearance, and then I had the same woman make final design changes that took coding (CSS) like color changes, font changes, padding around widgets, etc.

I still work with her on projects and highly  recommend her if you want to go through the process I did. Se can to the full design for you but it’s a lot more expensive than the half do-it-yourself route I went. The way I did it, it was about $600. If I had her do everything, it would have been well above $1,000….. so it sounds like what you are fining is on par with that. I know a couple of other bloggers in this community have worked with her too. If you would like her info, let me know and I will message you.

Let me know more about what you’re looking for and I can probably make more recommendations. I am a pet-centric social media consultant that focuses on communication and I’ve helped many bloggers refine their voice, niche and determine the “soft” elements of their blog design like blog categories. I also know of some others that do various things around website design like copywriting, WordPress installation/design, image design, and coding.

Good luck.

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Sorry…. Ashley 🙂

Ashley Mercer
      Participant
      @pawsitivelyflora

Thanks for such a thorough reply Jessica! 
      I would love if you could pass along that information, maybe even speaking with a profession will help me zone in on what services I will require. 

I believe I am looking more for the appearance. Looking for a high quality logo, social media design, as well as any code required. I use squarespace, so I have found the rates I’ve been looking at are cheaper than those for wordpress or blogger.

Kristen Carr
      Participant
      @kristen1

Hi, Ashley,

Congratulations on your new adventure! I checked out your site…your pups are adorable! I, too, blog on Squarespace (I don’t think there are too many of us). I find that it’s pretty intuitive, and when I run into a road block, their customer service is great about helping. I had my logo designed years ago for my pet sitting business, but I have done everything on Squarespace, myself.

Best,

Kristen

http://www.wellmindedpets.com 

Ashley Mercer
      Participant
      @pawsitivelyflora

Hi Kristen!
      Thanks! Your site is gorgeous! Which template are you using? I’m having the hardest time figuring out how install a side bar? Even a simple search bar and ad space like on yours! 

I much prefer Squarespace! I could never grasp the concept of WordPress, having tried a few years ago! 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.