Home Forums Blog Talk Blogging Goals for 2016?

1 reply, 5 voices Last updated by Aimee 8 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

Can you believe there’s less than one month left in 2015?  I feel like I JUST said this about 2014! 

As we move into the new year what are your blogging goals that you want to accomplish? I challenge you to think of actionable SMART goals. By SMART I mean:

• Specific
      • Measurable
      • Actionable
      • Realistic
      • Time-bound

Sidenote: There’s a great resource about this from Michael Hyatt.

Here’s an example of a goal using this process:

“I will write an ebook about tips for first time Chihuahua parents by the end of January that will produce $1000 in revenue by the end of March 2016.”

I can then take this goal and create mini-goals and tasks around it. This gives you a clearer path than just saying:

“I’ll write an ebook in 2016.” 

So, your turn! What is at least one SMART goal you have for 2016? 

Cathy Bendzunas
      Participant
      @claycath

It sounds so cleat when you explain it like that Aimee. Much clearer than my vague goal of “double my monthly income in 2016”. Of course I’m not sure what the steps would be yet to accomplish that.

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

I am meeting with my business coach this week to prioritize my goals and work on concrete deadlines. One goal that is already more concrete is:

– Consistently book 2 blog sponsors a month by the end of March 2016 and be booked at least 3 months in advance (ideally these sponsors would commit to 3+ months of sponsorship).

I’ve found that if you write down concrete goals, the universe has a way of bringing them to you. On a related note, be careful what you ask for 🙂

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

Glad that is helpful for you! 

Here’s my advice for thinking about the “how.”

• Figure out exactly how much money you need to make in order to double your income.
      • Make a list of all your current revenue streams. 
      • Brainstorm how you can obtain that amount against your current revenue streams or brainstorm ways to create NEW streams.
      • Once you’ve identified the “how”, you can begin creating small tasks and goals to make that happen. 

I also want to add that it’s not about taking on more work and working harder. Think about how you can work smarter with what you’re already doing. For example, can you ask for more money from clients? Can you negotiate a higher fee? Can you add more affiliate links and create a better content marketing strategy?

There’s lots of ways to make money as bloggers but you don’t have to do all of them. Find what works for you and your brand!

Hope that helps a little bit 🙂

Cathy Bendzunas said:

It sounds so cleat when you explain it like that Aimee. Much clearer than my vague goal of “double my monthly income in 2016”. Of course I’m not sure what the steps would be yet to accomplish that.

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

I LOVE that you have a business coach! I worked with one for a few months last year and it was SO helpful! It’s amazing how paying someone to keep you accountable actually works! 

Your goals are on point, Jessica!

It’s all about setting intention!

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia said:

I am meeting with my business coach this week to prioritize my goals and work on concrete deadlines. One goal that is already more concrete is:

– Consistently book 2 blog sponsors a month by the end of March 2016 and be booked at least 3 months in advance (ideally these sponsors would commit to 3+ months of sponsorship).

I’ve found that if you write down concrete goals, the universe has a way of bringing them to you. On a related note, be careful what you ask for 🙂

Cathy Bendzunas
      Participant
      @claycath

How did you find your business coach Jessica?

Cathy Bendzunas
      Participant
      @claycath

Thanks Aimee. That does help. Time to do some brainstorming! Think I need a business coach too!

Aimee @ Irresistible Pets said:

Glad that is helpful for you! 

Here’s my advice for thinking about the “how.”

• Figure out exactly how much money you need to make in order to double your income.
      • Make a list of all your current revenue streams. 
      • Brainstorm how you can obtain that amount against your current revenue streams or brainstorm ways to create NEW streams.
      • Once you’ve identified the “how”, you can begin creating small tasks and goals to make that happen. 

I also want to add that it’s not about taking on more work and working harder. Think about how you can work smarter with what you’re already doing. For example, can you ask for more money from clients? Can you negotiate a higher fee? Can you add more affiliate links and create a better content marketing strategy?

There’s lots of ways to make money as bloggers but you don’t have to do all of them. Find what works for you and your brand!

Hope that helps a little bit 🙂

Cathy Bendzunas said:

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Cathy,

My current coach is a woman I met around 5 years ago when I was training to become a life coach (I totally didn’t end up doing that but the coaching skills have come in handy with my social media consulting business). She runs a group for business women – Power Chicks International. Our personalities always clicked so I contacted her to help me out when I had a meltdown earlier this year 🙂

I will be completing a structured 12-month coaching program with a different woman in 2016 (and using my current coach to fill in gaps when needed). I don’t exactly remember how I found her. I think it had to do with searching the internet and fate.

I would suggest asking around (The Women in the Pet Industry Group might be a good resource if you are a member… and the BlogPaws Community Boost Group on Facebook of course!) and just doing a little searching around on the internet. For the internet, I would search “*what you need help on* and personal coach” where *what you need help on* could be things like “time management”, “business”, “blogging”, “social media”, etc.

Good luck! Even talking to one for one session can be really help you get clear.

Cathy Bendzunas said:

How did you find your business coach Jessica?

L.E. Mastilock of RascalandRocco
      Participant
      @rascalandrocco

This is something I’ve been really working on this year, a do-able business plan and clear goals. I set some lofty goals last year and this year really went haywire. But I’m starting to get on track and meet some goals (now that it’s December!). My main goal for 2016 is to stick to my editorial calendar and be consistent. I need to be strict with time to write, not letting other things on my to-do list take up that time.

Thanks for the reminder to goal set for next year! Wow, it came fast!

Ann Marie Hoff
      Participant
      @annmariehoff

i am going to add video to my website & get all my video footage edited so it is useful. RESULTING WITH AT LEAST 4 VIDEO SEGMENTS ONLINE. 

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

Setting a timer and turning off email and all the other pings and dings is helpful when you’re writing. Where did the year go?!

L.E. Mastilock of RascalandRocco said:

This is something I’ve been really working on this year, a do-able business plan and clear goals. I set some lofty goals last year and this year really went haywire. But I’m starting to get on track and meet some goals (now that it’s December!). My main goal for 2016 is to stick to my editorial calendar and be consistent. I need to be strict with time to write, not letting other things on my to-do list take up that time.

Thanks for the reminder to goal set for next year! Wow, it came fast!

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

Video is awesome! Do you have a timeline of when you’d like to accomplish that?

Ann Marie Hoff said:

i am going to add video to my website & get all my video footage edited so it is useful. RESULTING WITH AT LEAST 4 VIDEO SEGMENTS ONLINE. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.