Home Forums Blog Talk Can I help you photograph your moving animals?

9 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Aimee 8 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

C S Wimsey
      @cswimsey

Hi Guys,

I just love to photograph animals – and blog about it, which is why I joined this wonderful community.

On top pf my photographers website I just put together a photography training site, which has tons of free content and tips. In particular I have a free e-book on photographing moving animals, which I thought might help all of you who run your own animal related blogs. I’d be interested for any feedback as to whether it is helpful. 

I’d also be interested to hear from any of you who may want to have a special link on your blog if you think that your readers might also be interested.

I guess I’m just interested in any advice any of you may have to help me spread the love for photographing animals. Personally I can’t think of many better uses for a camera…

To obtain my free e-book on photographing moving animals – available to all blog-paws members just go to my training website http://www.artybart.com/blog-paws! I hope it helps you in your blogging!

Happy blogging to you all!

Christina

xxx

Jason
      Participant
      @Jason

You’ve got some lovely shots on there, really crisp with great depth of field. Usually mine are running towards me and my camera can never focus quick enough to get it sharp!

C S Wimsey
      @cswimsey

What kind of Camera do you have, and what kind of lens? I’ll help if I can 🙂

Jason said:

You’ve got some lovely shots on there, really crisp with great depth of field. Usually mine are running towards me and my camera can never focus quick enough to get it sharp!

Jason
      Participant
      @Jason

Well I have a nikon D7000 with a 50mm that I like but more often than not I’m just whipping out my iphone!

C S Wimsey
      @cswimsey

D7000 eh? 

It’s not your focus on your DSLR. On that model you can set it to focus tracking – so that it tracks moving objects. You’ll need to look at your continuous focus settings in your manual – it’s a lot easier than it sounds – I have a camera body very similar to this (D7200) which some of my photos will be taken on.

See how you go 🙂

Christina

To obtain my free e-book on photographing moving animals – available to all blog-paws members just go to my training website http://www.artybart.com/blog-paws! I hope it helps you in your blogging!

Jason said:

Well I have a nikon D7000 with a 50mm that I like but more often than not I’m just whipping out my iphone!

C S Wimsey
      @cswimsey

Oh – and I would also suggest trying out the continuous high speed shooting with your focus tracking. If it’s anything like the d7200 as you look at the view finder it is on the wheel on the top left “Ch”

Jason
      Participant
      @Jason

Brilliant, thank you so much, I will certainly give it a try!

All Things Collie
      Participant
      @katkia222

Thanks!  We have the sit and pose pictures down, but I fail at capturing the dogs while they are running or playing.  I will check out your e-book.

Valerie Wilson
      @valerie

I too, love taking pictures of my dogs while they are in motion!  Here’s one I took of one of our Chihuahuas, Noah.  I took it with my Nikon Coolpix 🙂

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

What a cute photo! Have you joined the Photography challenge in our influencer group? http://community.blogpaws.com/group/blogpaws-pet-blogger-influencer-group/forum/topics/february-week-4-challenge-pet-photography-tips

Valerie Wilson said:

I too, love taking pictures of my dogs while they are in motion!  Here’s one I took of one of our Chihuahuas, Noah.  I took it with my Nikon Coolpix 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.