Home Forums Blog Talk Check Your Share Buttons! Yes YOU!

6 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Summer 9 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

Hey everyone,

I have noticed that about 75% of your share buttons are not in complete working order and not giving you the extra bumps you could all be getting if they were. Those of you on WordPress should check your share buttons on a regular basis to ensure that your twitter handle appears in all tweets. Your readers are engaging with your posts and you might not even realize it. What happens is that sometimes when there is an update your Social  sharing plug-in will revert back to saying the share is via the creator of the buttons. While it is nice to acknowledge who has made your Social Sharing possible you are missing out on potential engagement with readers because you don’t get a notification each time your post is tweeted. Even if all you do is favorite the tweet or retweet it your readers, followers, and fans see that you have acknowledged the time they took to press the button and share your post.

When I go in and check campaigns posts in the morning if I am not in a rush I will generally try and at least tweet your posts to help share the love but many of your twitter handles are missing. Take a few minutes and make sure your buttons are in full working order so that you can engage with each tweet and maybe even make a few new friends in the process.

If you want an example of an even better engagement idea take a look at You Did What With Your Wiener’s #PawNatural Challenge post where she embedded a tweet for readers to ReTweet right into the post http://youdidwhatwithyourweiner.com/take-the-pawnatural-challenge-with-us What a great way to engage everyone to join her in the Challenge and get more engagement.Probably not something you would do for all of your posts but a great way to add an actionable item to those that call for it.

Feel free to leave your questions here about how to fix your buttons as I am sure there are others out there using the same plug-in that you do and can give you the answers that you need.

Sandra
      Participant
      @dollythedoxie

Thanks for the tip! I never thought to try them, they do work so its good to know!

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

It is always good to check once every few weeks just to make sure.

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Awwww…thanks for the shout out. I think my shareaholic buttons still don’t use my handle in the tweet. I am confused as how to make it do that. I couldn’t find an easy way to do it in the settings. I should definitely look into it more.

Dr. Anna M. Coffin
      Participant
      @ACoffin

I just started using CoSchedule in my posts also and really like it.  It’s an extra step but it does make it easier for people to retweet.  I would recommend you preview to check and make sure your entire tweet shows up inside the box… I don’t think it uses the same character numbers that twitter uses.

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

I am pushing this up again because you all need to check your sharing buttons!!!!

Even if you think you are good please check to make sure that that tweet includes your @Twitterhandle not the twitter handle of the plug-in you use.

Also please check to make sure that your share buttons are obvious. If you have them hidden away because you don’t like the way they look or you make your readers search for them they will NEVER share your post.

If you don’t want people sharing your post what is the purpose of your Blog? If it is for friends and family and the occasional person that finds your blog that is one thingbut if you apply for campaigns please make sure that people can share your post!

Summer
      Participant
      @borderterriersruleOK

Thanks for that! I often check that my share and connect buttons to social media are still in order. Once every 2 weeks is usual for me. And if I have any other time, I will then check.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.