Home Forums Be The Change Doggy Day Out Orlando — a charity event

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Christie 11 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

Hi!

I just posted the information on my blog, but I’m hosting a doggy networking event next month at Barber Park in Orlando. The event is free, but are holding a raffle for prizes. To take part in the raffle, just bring a new pet item. All the items will be donated to the Paws for Peace kennel, a home for the pets of domestic violence victims.

Any help promoting this would be greatly appreciated. Or any ideas on how to get the word out would be good too!

Christie from lifewithbeagle.com

The original post is
       http://www.lifewithbeagle.com/2012/09/save-date-doggy-event-for-charity-in.html

BlogPaws Team
      @kristin2

This is great, Christie!

We see events like this for people – bring a nonperishable food item, bring a blanket, etc – very creative to do it for pets with your ‘bring a new pet item’…

Tweet this to @blogpaws and @blogpawschange, and post it to http://www.facebook.com/bethechangeforpets, and we’ll share it!

You have some time, so create a press release, if you haven’t already, and send it to your local news outlets, make fliers and ask if you can post them at local pet stores, groomers, vets, at the dog park itself – laminated – if there’s a place you can do that.

Contact the Orlando Patch – and tweet them – and other city event websites…

Does anyone else have ideas for Christie to help make this event a smashing success??

We hope this inspires other members to host similar events!

The BlogPaws Team

Beth
      Participant
      @beth1

On Fridays I try to list a few upcoming events on my blog, I will try to include a link to this!  If anyone else has an upcoming event to help dogs, please email the info to rescue@dailydogtag.com

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

Cool, thanks!

Daily Dog Tag said:

On Fridays I try to list a few upcoming events on my blog, I will try to include a link to this!  If anyone else has an upcoming event to help dogs, please email the info to rescue@dailydogtag.com

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

Thanks!

I have that flier ready to go, as soon as I make copies. That will be tomorrow’s job. I also work for a local TV station 😉 So if we don’t show up I’ll be a little annoyed….

BlogPaws Team said:

This is great, Christie!

We see events like this for people – bring a nonperishable food item, bring a blanket, etc – very creative to do it for pets with your ‘bring a new pet item’…

Tweet this to @blogpaws and @blogpawschange, and post it to http://www.facebook.com/bethechangeforpets, and we’ll share it!

You have some time, so create a press release, if you haven’t already, and send it to your local news outlets, make fliers and ask if you can post them at local pet stores, groomers, vets, at the dog park itself – laminated – if there’s a place you can do that.

Contact the Orlando Patch – and tweet them – and other city event websites…

Does anyone else have ideas for Christie to help make this event a smashing success??

We hope this inspires other members to host similar events!

The BlogPaws Team

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.