Home Forums Blog Talk Favorite Blog Posts

10 replies, 8 voices Last updated by Andrea Thomson Viner 12 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Doodling Dogs
      @doodlingdogs

Does anyone have a favorite blog post or one that they are especially proud of?   A post I recently did on Leila’s favorite toys has quickly become my favorite post I have written so far.  I don’t know if it is all of the fun pictures I took of her “friends” or the descriptions I wrote about them but I think it is quite a wonderful post 🙂  Leila’s Favorite Toys

I would love to hear about and read other people’s favorite posts!

Vicki Cook
      @vickicook58

I won’t say it’s my favorite post, but my most popular post is the one I wrote the day before Bunny died (Farewell to BJC). It got so many hits that it went straight to the top of my most popular list. I eventually took it down because it was too hard to see it there every time I went to my blog.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Wow, Leila takes really good care of her toys!  The toys around here only look like that for about half and hour :>).  

Vicki, I’m sure it was hard to see the post.  If there is one area every pet owner can relate to, it’s the loss of one of fur friends.

I don’t have a favorite post, but I’m having a lot of fun doing the weekly Pet Pop Quiz.  It really brings out the nerd in me!

Cujo Cat
      @dougnkatty

My personal favorite was called “Trials and Tribulations”. It chronicled the trial of the bathroom spider. This one also got the most comments on my FB page.

Here’s the link thingy :

Loved the Leila’s toys!.

Vicki, your tribute was incredibly touching.

Hawk aka BrownDog
      @browndogcbr

Hi Y’all,

I’ve been browsing back through archives looking for old favorites.  Unfortunately I have more than one.  Maybe ’cause they’re all about me?  🙂  The series I recently did on “don’t pat the dog” is the favorite that comes immediately to mind.

Vicki, I took my “over the rainbow” big sis (she went over before I had a chance to know her)…anyway I took her old website pics and put them on an “in memory” page on my blog.  So far my Human hasn’t complained or asked me to take it away. 

Y’all come by now,

Hawk aka BrownDog

Doodling Dogs
      @doodlingdogs

Thanks Dawn!  Leila does take somewhat good care of her toys.  She hasn’t been chewing up her toys as much lately, she leaves that for bones and of course things she should not be eating.  

It was great seeing everyone’s favorite/most popular posts.  I have found that my most popular is the one I wrote right after getting Sadie’s paw print tattooed on my foot.  Another highly viewed post was about Sadie passing away and how I have been grieving and dealing with her absence.  

Kathy H Porter
      @ms.khporter

Good morning – just left a comment on “Doodling Dogs” — I really loved the snapshot stories that explained each toy. Loved the monkey & if it squeaks too, my Great Dane has to have this one.  I need to check out the rest of the posted links, but thought I’d add to the collection from my blog.  The one that seems to be drawing the most replies (and that is one of my favorites) is What Little Girls Are Made Of .

Kathy H Porter
      @ms.khporter

Now that I’ve visited each of your profiles (and blogs when I could find them – Vicki, I could not find the link to yours, but loved the photos you posted), I can comment back to all of you.

It’s taken me more than 10 years to be able to write about the dogs in my life, and if you were able to write about Bunny, the day before his/her (?) death, you’re a brave pet owner to begin to deal with the death of a pet when the emotions around this event are so raw.

Hawk aka Brown Dog – you are a gorgeous animal! And the photos on your blog are striking. I quickly scanned one of your training posts & know that I’ll be re-visiting this section.

Cujo Cat – loved the post!  Humor is hard to write and you nailed it in this one.  And, Dawn, I’m amazed at your Affurmaition blog.  Lots of good stuff. 

Thanks, ALL of you for posting so that I could mosey around this site to explore your blogs and get to know you.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Thanks for the kind words Kathy!  I was reading your post for the BlogPaws Blog Carnival Contest.  Wonderful!  I just love how much these guys teach us and I tend to be drawn to those who have some issues just so I can keep learning.

Hi Cujo!

Can I just say you’re pretty cool for a cat – I loved your spider story! :o)  

I wanted to leave a comment on your blog but there was no option to put in my name and url (you could just choose from blogger and google id and so on and I have neither) – I used to use blogger before and I seem to remember there is an option to change this? 🙂

Woof – Alfie

Cujo Cat said:

My personal favorite was called “Trials and Tribulations”. It chronicled the trial of the bathroom spider. This one also got the most comments on my FB page.

Here’s the link thingy :

Loved the Leila’s toys!.

Vicki, your tribute was incredibly touching.

Andrea Thomson Viner
      @a.thomson.viner

Ha! I love the caveman. That might have to be Gertie and Duke’s next toy. This was a great discussion question, by the way. One of my favorite posts is about traveling to the lake in Minnesota with my pups. I think it’s my favorite because they look so happy, and there are lots of fun pictures. http://wp.me/p1Lbaw-1J

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.