Home Forums Blog Talk FCC rules question

5 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia 8 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

Hey guys —

Got a question of legality I want to double check.

If I am promoting a sponsored campaign on Facebook, Twitter, etc., I had to say it’s sponsored or an ad.

Can I put “Sponsored” or “Ad” in a picture, instead of the body of the social media post? Also, how obvious do I have to make it that I am “marketing” my giveaway?

Here is an example of a test post I just did on my Facebook page. I just want to make sure that it is in keeping with the spirit of the FCC rules:

https://www.facebook.com/LuluTheBeagle/photos/a.359880710761477.81760.276308275785388/896521703764039/?type=3&theater

Christie

Abby Chesnut
      Participant
      @chesnutmutt

I think that post looks fine. As long as it says “Sponsored” or “Ad” somewhere I think you will be ok.

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

Thanks Abby. What’s great about this is I’ve been having trouble with promoting my blog links lately on Facebook.. This post shows promise.

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Yes, you can put #sponsored or #Ad in an image. It just has to be clear. I think, technically, this image is fine, although “#ad” was easy to miss (missed it twice). 

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

Would making it bigger help? I was trying to keep it about the same size as the font for the rest. I figured putting it in the middle would help.

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia said:

Yes, you can put #sponsored or #Ad in an image. It just has to be clear. I think, technically, this image is fine, although “#ad” was easy to miss (missed it twice). 

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Personally, I would have put “#sponsored” but in a tad smaller letters. I think “ad” sounds to magazine-y and jarring but that’s just me. However, the more letters, the more chance it will catch someone’s attention. If I was going to put #ad, I might put in a different font so it didn’t blend into the text above.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.