Home Forums Blog Talk Get 25 Comments on Your Blog Post in 7 Days

15 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Jonathan Alonso 8 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberly Gauthier
      Participant
      @kimberlymgauthier

In March, I participated in the Blogelina’s Commentathon Event – where we received 50 comments on OUR blog posts over a 7 day period.  The host of the event collected blog post URLs organized everyone into a group of 50, and then sent us our list a day or 2 before the event began.  We had 7 days to complete the event.  Below are her guidelines…

How to Participate:

1. Comment on each of the blogs in your group over the next 7 days (NOTE: Start with the blog listed right below your own).
      2. This breaks down to about 8 comments to leave each day over the next 7 days.
      3. Make sure your comments are meaningful – add something to the discussion, answer a question.  Don’t just put that you’re stopping by from the event – those sort of comments are very spammy and not what we’re after for this event.  If I’m alerted to Bloggers who are leaving such comments, I will remove your blog post from the event list.
      4. If you find a blog you like, be sure to follow – use this event to make some great connections for your blog that can continue into the months and years ahead!
      5. When you’ve commented on all the blogs – leave a comment below to let us know you’re done!
      6. Have fun!

I thought that this could be something great for us to do in BlogPaws; except, let’s do 25 blog posts to start.  Do you have a post that you’re very proud of and would like to get some visits and comments?  Do you have time to visit and comment on 8 blogs a day for 7 days?  I gained a lot of new readers when I participated and this helped me create a great blog reading/commenting schedule that I’ve maintained since it ended last week.

The only rule that I’d like to add is that we not add photography themed posts (unless a tutorial), because it’s difficult to leave a meaningful comment on these – this is an opportunity to truly engage with others so share your best post (old or recent).

I thought we could do this the first week of May (5/3-5/9).  If you would like to participate, please sign up for the mailing list: http://eepurl.com/bhTNOH.  This is how I will send you the tools to collect your blog post URL, answer questions, and send you your group of 25 blog posts.

If this works out well, then we can do this annually or bi-annually.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  Is this something that would interest you?

KiKi Hersey
      @ahappyhavanese

I think this is a great idea! I have signed up and look forward to it!

A Happy Havanese

Jenna Meow
      Participant
      @jennameowlifestyle

I’m in, I just signed up. I love finding new blogs. Wonderful idea 🙂

Julia
      Participant
      @JuliaRue2

I like this idea but have an important question – What if you have nothing meaningful to add to the conversation via comment? If you can’t leave a meaningless post (which I don’t want to do anyways) but you have nothing authentic to add, what then? These sorts of events appeal to me in terms of exposing myself to new blogs and new readers, but if participation requirements mean I leave something fake or weak just to follow the rules, that makes me uncomfortable.

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

I might have time by May so I put myself on the list. Sorry, no promises though.

Julia
      Participant
      @JuliaRue2

Shoot, I just realized the week your proposing is a week I will probably have limited internet access. Darn it!

Jeanne
      Participant
      @jm-just-us

I want in.  I’m going to sign up right now.  Thanks!  This should be fun!

Anne McIlhany
      @blessallthepets

I’m signed up for it – crossing fingers we get enough participants! Thanks so much for doing this! 🙂

Denise
      Participant
      @cagidg

This is a great idea and I’d love to participate!  You said it can be a previous post or one created prior to the event of 5/3-5/9 correct?   I’ll have to try and make sure I’ve got something!

Christine Paul
      Participant
      @ohmyshihtzu

I just signed up, sorry not to active here 🙂

Anne McIlhany
      @blessallthepets

Thanks so much for trying, Kimberly! 

Kimberly Gauthier said:

Unfortunately, we were not able to get enough participants so this event will not occur.  Thank you to all of you who signed up.  I will try again in the future.

~ Kimberly

Christine Paul
      Participant
      @ohmyshihtzu

Thanks for your effort Kimberly.

Jeanne
      Participant
      @jm-just-us

Aww, that’s too bad.  I was looking forward to it.  Like you say, maybe after the conference.  Thanks for trying!

De Hufford
      @coatsmadebyde

I just signed up a little while ago.  I’d love to participate.  Please let me know if you do one.

De Hufford
      @coatsmadebyde

Thank you.  I’ll check it out.

De

Jonathan Alonso
      @jonathan

The link is not working how can I join?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.