Home Forums Blog Talk Getting more Facebook “likes”

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Doodling Dogs 12 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Doodling Dogs
      @doodlingdogs

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for getting more “likes” on a Facebook fan page?  I had no problems with getting followers on Twitter but Facebook is another story.  

Thanks!

Katharine McMahon
      @katharine

Do you already have a landing “tab” for your page? As silly as it sounds, even just telling people to like you page when they get there (along with some teaser copy about what they will find etc) will get a lot of people to click like. If they land on your wall instead, they often forget to click. I also agree with the suggestion about making it easy to do from your blog with a FB widget.

SureFlap
      @g.bentham

I manage the SureFlap Facebook fan page and we host a caption competition every month. That’s a great way to get new fans. You can add your competition to online competition sites and to your blog as ways to get people to find out about it. And that also gives you more traffic to your blog because competition keywords get a high level of searches!

Tripawds
      @jerry1

Seek out other like-minded FB pages with huge followings and friend them. Post something useful (but refrain from blatant self-promo) and the likelihood of the owners friending you is big. Also, just keep reminding people to like your page.

Heck, I’ll go friend you right now! 🙂

Tripawds
      @jerry1

Oh one more thing…move your FB and Twitter icons up to the top of your blog page, I can’t find them.

Doodling Dogs
      @doodlingdogs

Thank you guys for all the advice!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.