Home Forums Blog Talk Google Friend Connect going away….

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Caren 12 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Linda Messina
      @lindaem2003

The demise of Google Friend Connect. I am technically challenged and cannot figure out how to transfer my Google Connections to my blog email list or a spreadsheet. Google Friend Connect goes away March 1st. Has anyone found a solution for this? What are you going to do?

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

GFC IS NOT GOING AWAY in terms of BLOGS……..

Check out the blog Mariette’s Back To Basics…she posted about it yesterday…you can google it because I don’t have the link in front of me right now.

In terms of blog usage GFC will remain IN TACT.

Stephanie
      Participant
      @huletts

Reba-

I don’t have a Google Friend Connect account, but I’m guessing you won’t be able to transfer that information from Google because of Privacy concerns. I recently learned about a new service called Linky Followers. It was developed by the same gentleman that created the Linky Tools that a lot of bloggers use for their blog hops. It looks like the Linky Followers service is intended to be a replacement option for those that are using Google Friend Connect. Here’s a blog post about it: http://www.mcklinkyblog.com/201202/new-site-linkyfollowers-com/. You’ll have to go through the process of asking your GFC friends to follow you via the new Linky Followers tool.

-Steph

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

you are welcome! As I said, from what I understand in reference to blogs it isn’t going away…hoping that info is correct.

Reba Messina & Linda (the mom) said:

thank you Caren. I’ll take a look.  Linda
      Caren Osrin Gittleman said:

GFC IS NOT GOING AWAY in terms of BLOGS……..

Check out the blog Mariette’s Back To Basics…she posted about it yesterday…you can google it because I don’t have the link in front of me right now.

In terms of blog usage GFC will remain IN TACT.

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

Interesting, thanks for the info…I am on blogger and Word Press. The funny thing? I never even used GFC for my WordPress blog…never knew that I could (before now lol)….only use it for Blogger. I have people subscribe directly through my Word Press blog without GFC.

Also…for Cat Chat which is on Blogger, I don’t just use GFC anyway. I have RSS feeds available as well as email subscriptions which in my opinion I greatly prefer. I soooo prefer to follow blogs via email subscriptions, it is so much more manageable for me.

Reba Messina & Linda (the mom) said:

This is what I found out: Google Friend Connect is going away for those Bloggers who are on Word Press. There is a fix. Here’s the info that I got off Google. Fortunately for me, I’m on Blogger.

Meg’s Moxie  –  Yesterday 9:07 PM  –  Public

As you may or may not know, Google Friend Connect will be a thing of the past for anyone with a WordPress blog.  That means that as of March 1st, 2012, Google
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.