Home Forums Blogging Tips & Tricks Help with Blogger

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Christie 11 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

Hi!

I need some layout help for Blogger. I was wondering if there was a way to create a tag or something that sections certain posts into their own category, which can be accessed by a tab. I also was wondering if you had some help with gadgets. Are there other places to find good ones for Blogger? The ones they offer on the site don’t really help me. I’m especially looking for a photo gallery, and for blog subscriptions and also to advertise my Facebook page.

Christie

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

Hi Christie,

I’m not a blogger “pro” but I do use blogger for Cat Chat and might be able to help a little.

If you go under “Design” you can make pages which I believe you can display as “tabs” depending on the layout of your blog. (I’m not sure though)

I know you said you don’t like the “gadgets” that Blogger offers but one of my faves for following blogs is their “follow by email” option. Many people prefer to follow blogs that way (I am one of them, right now that is the ONLY way I will follow someone’s blog) since i do not use my blog roll anymore (it became too large). 

For Facebook, you can search badges and they give you instructions and a code on how to add them to your blog.

Hope this helped!

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

You have quite a few of the things I’m looking for. How are you getting your tabs to pull content that’s not from a page?

And where are you finding your gadgets, because they look better than mine.

Linda, I’m afraid I don’t have the problems you’re having with Blogger, but I’m working off a very simple layout. Maybe that’s why?

Caren — I have their follow by email gadget, but I think it’s broken. Or I really have no one following me….

Christie

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

Hi!

I have a new problem I need help with. I have joined the Amazon Associates program, and I’m trying to use the gadget I created on Amazon. But Blogger doesn’t seem to want to accept the html Amazon is giving me. What can I do?

Christie

PS: The Amazon gadget on the page now is NOT the one I’m trying to add. I’m not even sure if this will link back to my affiliate program.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.