Home Forums Content Sharing Hi All! I just started a blog about adopting my First Dog!

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Sharon Seltzer 10 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Emily Reuter
      @reuter.emily

I just wanted to share with everyone that I am a new member to this site and I have recently started my first blog. The blog is about my dog Allie. Actually the blog is about the ups and downs of adopting my first dog from a local rescue when I was not really in a stable place to be responsible for a dog. So it discusses our trial and errors and how we managed to muddle through to some form of normalcy. 

Link: http://myfirstdogtrialanderror.blogspot.com/

As a new blogger I would love some feedback of the constructive style! 

Chelsea Price
      Participant
      @chels_335

I just checked out your first two blog posts, and I’ve just added you to my daily reading list!  🙂  It’s very well written and well-thought-out.  You write with just the right amount of humor!  Allie is adorable; I love how she lays with her back feet splayed out behind her – so cute!  🙂

I write a blog about pet rescue (and also just joined BlogPaws two weeks ago), and I used to work in a humane society, so I appreciate the fact that you adopted Allie!!  You will definitely love BlogPaws; it’s a very welcoming committee and I have been very impressed with the amount of support we all get from each other.  Keep blogging! 🙂

Emily Reuter
      @reuter.emily

@Chelsea Price: Thank you so much for adding me to your reading list! I am glad you enjoyed the read. I would love to read your blog. I’ve recently moved and am looking into volunteering with a humane society here. I will definitely check out your blog!

Ann
      Participant
      @annstaub

Hi Emily, welcome to BlogPaws and to blogging! I just read your very first post and I think it’s written very well and is something dog people would like to read. I like the idea for your blog too. I adopted my first dog under the same circumstances about 11 years ago now. 

The blog looks very nice too. My suggestions are first to remove your Captcha. When someone wants to leave a comment, they are asked to verify that they aren’t a spammer by inputting one of those difficult to read series of numbers. To turn it off on Blogger, you go to settings > Posts and comments and “turn off word verification”. 

Second, I would add some widgets to your sidebar to allow people to follow you easily. The 2 most basic methods you can and should offer are RSS Feed and email subscription. 

Emily Reuter
      @reuter.emily

Oh my gosh I had no idea the Captcha was even on! Thank you for telling me. Also the widgets are a great idea. I wasn’t sure what to put. Thank again for your advice. 

Ann Staub said:

Hi Emily, welcome to BlogPaws and to blogging! I just read your very first post and I think it’s written very well and is something dog people would like to read. I like the idea for your blog too. I adopted my first dog under the same circumstances about 11 years ago now. 

The blog looks very nice too. My suggestions are first to remove your Captcha. When someone wants to leave a comment, they are asked to verify that they aren’t a spammer by inputting one of those difficult to read series of numbers. To turn it off on Blogger, you go to settings > Posts and comments and “turn off word verification”. 

Second, I would add some widgets to your sidebar to allow people to follow you easily. The 2 most basic methods you can and should offer are RSS Feed and email subscription. 

Sharon Seltzer
      @sjseltzer

Emily, I enjoyed reading your story.  I left a comment on your blog.  You are a very determined pet owner.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.