Home Forums Be The Change Ideas for helping a woman who lost everything in a fire, including all her pets

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Lisa 12 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Layla Morgan Wilde
      @info134

Yesterday, my vet paid a visit for a sick kitty I’m fostering and told me why his assistant was missing. I blogged about it on July 21.Cat Wisdom101. He told me on July 15th, her home in Somers N.Y. (an apt.in a restored barn) burnt down. She wasn’t on the premises when it happened,and her three dogs and a parrot perished. She lost everything and I don’t think she had insurance. I’m still processing this tragedy and want to do something. Thoughts? ideas? I’ve often thought what valuables would I pull out of a burning home and all I can think of is: some photos and my cats.

Jaime Lynn Smith
      Participant
      @thoughtsfurpaws

Can we somehow start a fund through PayPal for her or maybe get an address to send supplies to?? As a pet blogger who does contests all the time, I have a TON of “swag” and pet supplies, samples of dog food, toys, etc.

Lisa
      Participant
      @heartprintspets

How horrific. I can’t begin to imagine what she’s going through. Gosh, all I can think of are prayers and fundraising right now. I’m going to give it some thought. Please keep us posted. My prayers are with her.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.