Home Forums Be The Change Let’s Push for an Animal Abuser Registry

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Alva / Pawsitively Texas 10 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Tony Wang
      @bagheeragato

I have had enough.  I am constantly sharing stories of animals who are abused such as Lucky, Justin, and way too many other abuse victims.

There are a few places that have set up registries for animal abusers, similar to what is set up for sex offenders.  While I certainly won’t equate abusing an animal to molesting a child, the crime is the same.  A helpless, innocent creature is violated.

On September 30th, I am going to blog about how all of my fans should sign a petition set up by the Animal Legal Defense Fund to form a registry of animal abusers in their state.

I’ll post it here, and would love it if people would share this.  It is just wrong for people who abuse animals to be able to go and get another animal so they can do it again.

Rachel
      Participant
      @mykidhaspawsblog

I totally agree! So many people have their pets poisoned of hut by unsuspecting neighbors, it would be good to know where the animal abusers are! Also, so many pets go missing and mAybe they end up with hoarders who are charged with animal abuse and neglect!

Dogs N Pawz
      @dogsnpawz

I think that is a great idea!  I will share your post and maybe even blog about it too if that is okay????

Alva / Pawsitively Texas
      @forchristsglory7

There is now legislation to assist animal welfare advocates in each state to create an Animal Abuser Registry Act; see: blog post Animal Abuser Registry, click here to read!

Please read and share! The time is definitely now!

Tony Wang
      @bagheeragato

This is awesome!  Do you mind if I share this?

Alva said:

There is now legislation to assist animal welfare advocates in each state to create an Animal Abuser Registry Act; see: blog post Animal Abuser Registry, click here to read!

Please read and share! The time is definitely now!

Alva / Pawsitively Texas
      @forchristsglory7

Tony, feel free to share! We need someone in each state to take the lead to get this passed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.