Home Forums Social Media Tips Liking facebook posts

7 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia 9 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Geoffrey
      Participant
      @aimablecats

I have two Facebook pages for the two versions of my sites. One has about 1100 likes, the other has about 30.  There have been more posts on the page with more likes.  I posted something on the page with 30 likes, and it did not appear even in my own feed.

My question:  Should I like my page posts as my person so they still appear in my news feed, or would that be considered somehow improper?

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Participant
      @adventurejess

If someone knows you are liking your own stuff it is seem by most as pretty bone-headed but I am not sure people would be able to figure it out. If they knew your name and saw it as a like on page content (honestly though, most people don’t look at who has already liked something)they might care. As far as the Facebook algorithm is concerned, I have not heard it is an issue…but I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that it was because Facebook shows thing with more likes to more people and they might see it is trying to game the system.

Just curious, why does it matter if you see it in your own personal feed?

Geoffrey
      Participant
      @aimablecats

If I can’t see it when I load the facebook page, and I can’t see it in my own feed, I wonder if it posted at all. Can anyone at all see it?  

If something is posted on facebook and noone is around to read it, does it make a sound?

Participant
      @adventurejess

So you’re saying that you can’t even see it when you log in as your page? Like when you switch over from your personal profile to your actual page its not there? Not the first time I’ve heard of that happening but it’s always been a glitch. It usually shows up after a few hours.

if you link to your page and tell me what your post was I will look to see if it’s visible to me when I get home.

Geoffrey
      Participant
      @aimablecats

This is what I see when I visit

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LAimable-Chat/661069260657928

Geoffrey
      Participant
      @aimablecats

I have now set faceybk to send me a notification on my personal account when I publish on that page. 

Participant
      @adventurejess

This is what I see. The page has a whole stream of posts.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.