Home Forums Blog Talk LinkedIn passwords compromised

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Caren 11 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

If you didn’t hear, LinkedIn had over 6.5 million passwords compromised this past week. I went and changed my password after hearing about it just to be safe. I was reading Mashable and found there is a tool to see if your password may have been among those stolen.  Here’s the post on it-

http://mashable.com/2012/06/06/linkedin-password-check/ .

Julie Melfi
      Participant
      @julesmelfi

Thanks Dawn! Great info 🙂

Melody McKinnon
      @MelodyM

Mashable is an awesome site, that’s where I heard about it too.  Apparently Facebook is scrambling to upgrade their security to prevent it from happening to them as well.

If you use the same password anywhere else it’s a good idea to change it everywhere.  I’m sure they’ll try them in other popular networks, Paypal, etc.

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

ugh….thanks…now if I could only remember what my password is there to begin with! 🙂

Oh….did I hear you aren’t going to be at BlogPaws this year? I am hoping that isn’t true!

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

I know between work and home, remembering passwords drives me crazy.

Yeah, I’m going to miss BlogPaws this year. Sad to miss it, but it’s not in the budget and June is hard to get time off of work since everyone with kids in school at work takes time off in June and July. But I’m already saving for next year!  You’ll just have to be sure to write a good wrap-up post about the conference.

Caren Osrin Gittleman said:

ugh….thanks…now if I could only remember what my password is there to begin with! 🙂

Oh….did I hear you aren’t going to be at BlogPaws this year? I am hoping that isn’t true!

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

I am gonna miss you BIG TIME!!! xoxoxo

Dawn Miklich said:

I know between work and home, remembering passwords drives me crazy.

Yeah, I’m going to miss BlogPaws this year. Sad to miss it, but it’s not in the budget and June is hard to get time off of work since everyone with kids in school at work takes time off in June and July. But I’m already saving for next year!  You’ll just have to be sure to write a good wrap-up post about the conference.

Caren Osrin Gittleman said:

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.