Home Forums Blogging Tips & Tricks New cat blogger

7 replies, 7 voices Last updated by Summer 9 years ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Cindy Wertz
      Participant
      @cindywertz5

Hi My friend and I started a cat blog to share our fun cat stories, plus lots of tips and stuff we’ve learned over the years. We just don’t know how to get people to our site. 

Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Hi Cindy. Congrats on the new blog. “How do I drive more traffic to my blog?” is a complicated question and one that even the most seasoned bloggers ask themselves. When you are just starting out, reading and commenting on other blogs is important. I would also search the BlogPaws community, as well as Google, for tips (Google won’t likely return pet specific results but many of the “best practices” are similar). Joining blog hops can be helpful and promoting your posts on social media is important. Good luck to you.

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

Hi Cindy and Welcome!! Have you Joined the BlogPaws Community Newcomer’s Group? You will get LOTS of tips about what to do and how to start……..this is a year-long group for those new to the BlogPaws Community….here it the link http://community.blogpaws.com/group/blogpaws-community-newbies also…there is a Cat Bloggers Group you may want to join………here is the link to that http://community.blogpaws.com/group/catbloggers and the Blog Talk Group http://community.blogpaws.com/group/blogtalk  These links should help you out quite a bit, and Jessica also gave great advice!! Hope to see you interacting with all of us soon!

Cindy Wertz
      Participant
      @cindywertz5

Thanks! Writing is the easy part! Figuring out all the rest of this is going to be the challenge!

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia said:

Hi Cindy. Congrats on the new blog. “How do I drive more traffic to my blog?” is a complicated question and one that even the most seasoned bloggers ask themselves. When you are just starting out, reading and commenting on other blogs is important. I would also search the BlogPaws community, as well as Google, for tips (Google won’t likely return pet specific results but many of the “best practices” are similar). Joining blog hops can be helpful and promoting your posts on social media is important. Good luck to you.

Hawk aka BrownDog
      @browndogcbr

Hi Cindy!  

Congratulations on starting your blog!  

Several  things I might add to the advise already given…the most important thing you can do is read and visit and comment.  Even though I’ve been blogging since 2008 I find when time does not permit me to read and comment my page views drop.  When I do have time, page views double.  

Next, if you have time, set up a separate FaceBook page for your business or cat, but be sure to have clear links back to your blog and on your blog to your FaceBook page.  

Finally, if you use Google +, be sure you have a clear link to your blog that is easy to find.  I find myself clicking on a comment link then can’t find a link through to their blog.  Especially if you select to have your comments on others blogs appear on Google +, people may find themselves at someone elses blog, not yours.

Always check your links to be sure they work.  One little typo….well, you know…

I don’t have time, but I see a lot of people using pinterest and photo sites.  Check out other blogs to see what they are doing. Choose what works for you. 

Never be afraid of linking to others blogs in your posts, or inviting someone to do a guest post.  

Blogville is a very supportive community.  

Good luck!  BrownDog’s Human

Paul Mather – Snowdog Guru
      @paulwmather

I agree with the others, its a fairly complex issue and usually the one that becomes the brick wall for many new bloggers.

I recommend creating a page on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Share your articles on all 3 of the networks and interact with your readers and other bloggers.

On Facebook, a great tip is to get involved in the bigger Facebook communities for cats, then when you write an article, you can also share it there which will drive traffic back to your articles.

Geoffrey
      Participant
      @aimablecats

Once you create your facebook page, you can comment on other cat pages as your page rather than as yourself.  And BlogPaws has a share-your-page post (Follow Friday) every week on their FB page.

Summer
      Participant
      @borderterriersruleOK

Hi there, and well done for getting your new blog started.

It’s brilliant that you have discovered and joined the BlogPaws community as you begin your blogging journey, as when I began, I didn’t. My blog was never as popular as it is today when I began, so if you do your part, find, follow, and comment on other blogs, plus share your blog using some social media sites, you should find you gain some followers and views. Hopefully, it should grow from there. Good luck.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.