Home Forums Blog Talk Niche or Lifestyle Blogs?

1 reply, 8 voices Last updated by Kimberly 9 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

I’m curious what your thoughts are on this. Obviously, since this is a pet blogging community there are a lot of niche bloggers here. There has also been a ton of new lifestyle bloggers that have joined the community. 

I’m just curious what you prefer as a blog reader, Niche or Lifestyle blogs? In other words, do you prefer blogs about one particular topic (example: pets) or lifestyle blogs that have a combination of topics with a centralized theme?

Jenna Meow
      Participant
      @jennameowlifestyle

Great question!

I prefer to read lifestyle blogs that are very personalized and also focus on pets. However the problem here is I am easily turned off if our personalities or styles aren’t a good match.

I currently have a more niche blog where I talk about raw feeding which is a huge passion for me. I also include some other cat care and cat style posts. But I would really like to go even further in the lifestyle route and share other things about my home, style and life. But my fear is my readers interested in raw feeding aren’t interested in any of the other stuff and I may turn them away.

But for me the bottom line is I need to enjoy what I’m doing. Writing about things I love seems more sustainable in the long term and less likely to burn out.

I’m very curious to see what others think……

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

I see a pet blog as as one type lifestyle blog. Then their are niche blogs. For example, raising an autistic child (instead of just about the general raising of kids) or raw feeding, as Jenna mentioned above.

I think I get what you are asking though – does one like a blog that talks about broader topics surrounding a subject or does one like blogs that cover one aspect of a subject?

In most cases, I like the broader-topic blogs. However, I rarely read every post that they publish because they don’t all interest me.

Cathy Bendzunas
      Participant
      @claycath

I actually prefer reading lifestyle blogs although I do read some niche blogs too.

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

depends on what I am looking for.

If I need a recipe, I prefer to read a niche food blog……….

I follow a large number of lifestyle blogs and I must say that I enjoy the variety…but…that could also be because sometimes spending the ENTIRE day reading about animals can become rather repetitive. (Gasp!!!!) And that is because I follow such a ridiculously large number of pet blogs. I guess if I followed less, I would possibly feel differently.

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

I follow a variety of blogs that interest me.  Most of my daily visits are to pet blogs with an occasional author review.

Summer
      Participant
      @borderterriersruleOK

I have read both in the past. I would probably saw lifestyle blogs are my favourite, for example, dog blogs, which talk about all aspects of dogs in general. This is because there is always something different to read on these types of blogs. I have read some good niche blogs as well, though. Most of my visits and blogs I read every day are general pet blogs. However when I am looking for something specific, e.g. dog food information, then a niche blog on dog feeding and nutrition is a good source.

Kimberly
      Participant
      @kimberlyconover

I read mostly lifestyle blogs with a few exceptions because I love some of the pet-only bloggers in this community. 

My blog is considered a lifestyle blog and I write about many different topics. Life is full of many different events/topics/places/etc., and my blog reflects that =)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.