Home Forums Content Sharing Puzzle dog toys

8 replies, 7 voices Last updated by Verena Katerina Schleich 7 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Goldstar Service Dogs
      Participant
      @goldstarservicedogcenter

I am looking for suggestions on some dog puzzle toys, any that you recommend to use or even stay away from? 

Thank you!

Rebecca

Tiffany
      Participant
      @tiffanysdiamonddogs

A few that I use and really like are the Kong Treat Wobbler, the Buster Cube, and the Odin. I also use a few of the Kyjen ones, but those ones seem to be simpler and don’t last as long. Nina Ottosson is also really good, though we don’t have any of her puzzles yet.

Christine Caplan
      Participant
      @christycaplan

I use Nina Ottson puzzle toys with our dogs all the time – they’re amazing and the cheaper plastic versions are great. While toe wood designed toys are great, My dogs chew on the pieces to remove them so plastic is fine… Thanks!

Goldstar Service Dogs
      Participant

Great, thank you for the tips!

Christine Caplan said:

I use Nina Ottson puzzle toys with our dogs all the time – they’re amazing and the cheaper plastic versions are great. While toe wood designed toys are great, My dogs chew on the pieces to remove them so plastic is fine… Thanks!

Goldstar Service Dogs
      Participant

Perfect, thank you very much for your help!

Tiffany Hughes said:

A few that I use and really like are the Kong Treat Wobbler, the Buster Cube, and the Odin. I also use a few of the Kyjen ones, but those ones seem to be simpler and don’t last as long. Nina Ottosson is also really good, though we don’t have any of her puzzles yet.

Antje
      Participant
      @Glamouracecollies

I make some toys myself also, it can be as easy as putting a treat into a wascloth, or hide it somewhere.

At the moment I have one Nina ottosen toy, and it is lovely, but also a bit pricey, the outward hound, Kyjen toys are great too, and not that easy to destroy.

here’s a link to one of my dogtoy reviews. There are so many cool games

http://luckycollie.blogspot.nl/2016/01/the-kibble-drop.html

Scott Jenkins
      @petregale

We’re just getting started with feeding puzzles. The first one we got was the Kong Wobbler. We documented the experience here: http://petregale.com/dog-food-puzzles/

Michael Brown
      @mybestdogmag

Hey Rebecca

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the Nina Ottoson range of dog puzzles.

In particular check out the Dog Tornado.

All the best

Mike

Verena Katerina Schleich
      @vschleich

I actually wrote a post about this a while ago!  Some of my favs:

http://pawsitivelygenius.com/dog-cognition/

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.