Home Forums Content Sharing Rescue Stories – After They Go Home

6 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Kasey Muttmouth 10 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Kelly
      Participant
      @kelly3

I post of pets looking for their furever homes, but have wondered what happens “After” they’re adopted. Starting this week, I will post a different story of adoption, rescue, and how it changed the lives of the pets and people involved.

This week starts off with Stache

http://ilovemydogmorethanmykids.com/?p=2726

Tiffany
      Participant
      @tiffanysdiamonddogs

This is such an excellent idea! Too many people only focus on the up to being adopted and then they are forever a “rescue” story and that’s it. Their problems are excused because they were “rescued” and “that’s just part of who they are.” And yet, it’s what comes AFTER that is more important. The training, socializing, achievements, milestones, and improvement makes the wonderful story, not where the dog came from (in our opinion).

Kelly
      Participant
      @kelly3

The “After” is very important, rescued or not. 

The one component I found in doing these stories was that each pet had some issue or another, but through the perseverance of their new pet parent they where either able to overcome or lessen the extent of their “issue”. Mind you,I believe, these so called “issues” can be found in any pet (rescued or not).

Tiffany Hughes said:

This is such an excellent idea! Too many people only focus on the up to being adopted and then they are forever a “rescue” story and that’s it. Their problems are excused because they were “rescued” and “that’s just part of who they are.” And yet, it’s what comes AFTER that is more important. The training, socializing, achievements, milestones, and improvement makes the wonderful story, not where the dog came from (in our opinion).

Tiffany
      Participant
      @tiffanysdiamonddogs

Agreed!

EdieThePug said:

The “After” is very important, rescued or not. 

The one component I found in doing these stories was that each pet had some issue or another, but through the perseverance of their new pet parent they where either able to overcome or lessen the extent of their “issue”. Mind you,I believe, these so called “issues” can be found in any pet (rescued or not).

Tiffany Hughes said:

Kasey Muttmouth
      @muttmouthnetworks

This is a wonderful idea. I feel like everyone always wonders “what happened next?” Looking forward to checking it out!

Kelly
      Participant
      @kelly3

Thanks!

What I thought was going to be a “one article” post, turned into such a response that I currently have enough stories to do 1 a week for 10 weeks! And, I keep getting more stories. 

I think it’s great that they are willing to share and tell us the struggles,and ups and downs, but most of all the great endings!

Kasey Muttmouth said:

This is a wonderful idea. I feel like everyone always wonders “what happened next?” Looking forward to checking it out!

Kasey Muttmouth
      @muttmouthnetworks

That’s so great to hear!! Awesome job :]

EdieThePug said:

Thanks!

What I thought was going to be a “one article” post, turned into such a response that I currently have enough stories to do 1 a week for 10 weeks! And, I keep getting more stories. 

I think it’s great that they are willing to share and tell us the struggles,and ups and downs, but most of all the great endings!

Kasey Muttmouth said:

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.