Home Forums Social Media Tips Should I pursue this? (facebook)

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Angela 7 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Geoffrey
      Participant
      @aimablecats

I am not at the point in my blogging where any publicity is good publicity, nor am I at the point where I am big enough to ignore things.

I supplied the winning caption to a contest on another facebook page.  I then shared my caption (the version that page was too hard to read), and it was one of the two best posts I have ever had in terms of how facebook measures posts.

It was then shared by a page I do not want to have any connection to, mainly because of their page name, but also because of their overall attitude.  I asked them to take the post down; they refused.  After they took some screen shots that they posted later, I took my own post down with 19 shares and close to 100 likes.

They then posted their screen shots with the additional text “i don’t think anything else needs to be added.”

They have not done anything on my page (posted, liked, commented); as such, I cannot ban them.  Blocking them as my person has no effect on the post.

I have reported the page to facebook for harassment, and am wondering if I should also report for copyright violations.  And should I contact Blaine, JD, et al., in addition? first?

Geoffrey
      Participant
      @aimablecats

And

and she cross posted to her profile where it has met with more response…

Crystal
      Participant
      @sharinglifesmoments

I hate to be the one to tell you something you’re NOT going to want to hear, but honestly, the person with the other page made valid points. When you’re dealing with social media, unless you block someone from sharing something then you have no right to tell them to take something off of their page. Plus, you’re not associated with them (other than this drama bit because you started it). They shared content from YOUR page, not the other way around. So, in essence, no one who have thought you “was associated” technically with them. However, now that the drama has been started, this is a good time to save your own face and admit that he brought up valid points in his original argument and you’re sorry you offended him (which you did.)

Think about how you feel if someone had told you to remove something from your page just because they didn’t “want to be associated” with you. Sometimes it takes bigger brass to admit we’re wrong than to continue arguing a mute point.

The ONLY reason I voiced my opinion is because you asked for it. Otherwise, I would have kept my nose out of it.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Crystal is right.

They didn’t do anything wrong by sharing it. That is what social media is all about. And putting ourselves out there like that means there are going to be times something our stuff is going to be shared where we don’t want it.

Instead of looking at the bad, look at how you can take advantage of it and bring people to your page and blog. As I get older my new nantra has become “I can be right or I can make a difference.” I’d rather get people into my world where I can make a difference than try to argue a point especially in public.

I’m not sureI would tell the page you won on. It was your image so mo reason to bring them in. And I’d repost your image. It’s a great image!

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Crystal is right.

They didn’t do anything wrong by sharing it. That is what social media is all about. And putting ourselves out there like that means there are going to be times something our stuff is going to be shared where we don’t want it.

Instead of looking at the bad, look at how you can take advantage of it and bring people to your page and blog. As I get older my new nantra has become “I can be right or I can make a difference.” I’d rather get people into my world where I can make a difference than try to argue a point especially in public.

I’m not sureI would tell the page you won on. It was your image so mo reason to bring them in. And I’d repost your image. It’s a great image!

Angela
      Participant
      @angiesangelhelpnetwork

I would say ignore them.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.