Home Forums Blog Talk Social Media and Blog Measuing tools

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Christie 11 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

I apologize if this is not the most appropriate group to post this discussion in but it was the most appropritae one I could find.

It is said that you should spend your blogging and social media time on what is most effective (for traffic, shares, comments,etc). To know what is most effective, your efforts have to be measured. I use my built in WordPress stats, and sometimes Google Analytics, to evaluate my blog activity. I use Facebook Insights to evaluate what is most effective.

I would like to know a few things from you:

1) Do you analyze any of your efforts or campaigns? If yes, which platforms?

2) What do you analyze for?

3) What tools do you use for analysis? Besides Google Analytics, do you use any third party monitoring tools?

4) Based on your monitoring results, what do you find to be most effective?

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

1) I follow my numbers on the blog, but I need to do a better job of seeing how my Facebook and Twitter postings go.
      2) Mostly, page views and visitors and where they’re finding me from.
      3) the only thing I’m using right now is Blogger stats and Google Analytics.
      4) Right now, I find my most effective thing is Stumbleupon.

Jessica/YDWWYW/PetTalkMedia
      Participant
      @adventurejess

Hmmm…interesting. I signed up for a StumbledUpon account but didn’t understand it so stopped using it.

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

I don’t ever Stumble, but I share on Stumble. So other people find me. So as a source of getting readers it works.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.