Home Forums Be The Change Still Waiting for Prize to Arrive

12 replies, 4 voices Last updated by George the Duck & Typist Robyn 11 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

GIZMO GEODOG
      @jgandb

Back in November I won a prize at the Blogpaws Be the Change Twitter Party. I provided my shipping information as requested and waited patiently. After about a month I sent a DM asking for an update and was told to be patient, that everything would be shipped out that week. I continued to wait patiently, sending occasional DM’s that were never answered.

Mid January I finally got a response:

“Hi, did you receive it yet? I will get on it asap if not. You should have!”

I responded , saying “No I have not. It would be great if you could check on it…thanks.”

Now, over a month late I have received no further communication and no package.

I hesitated to take this public, but after three months of polite DM’s being ignored it was my only option.

It’s certainly not the prize (which, as I remember, was a dog puzzle ball) that has me annoyed.Don’t run contests and don’t offer prizes if you don’t plan on fulfillment. It just leaves a bad impression.

I’d love to hear from ‘whoever’ why this situation happened and why it hasn’t been resolved.

Bren
      Participant
      @pibblesnme

Oh man, this totally stinks imo. Sorry you’ve had a lack of communication. That would irk me too. I recently hosted a giveaway on my own blog. We had several prizes to give out. After a week or so, one of the winners contacted me and said they never got the gift. Thankfully, I had 1 unclaimed one that I’ll be sending her today. However, the prizes came prepaid from the sponsor and I didn’t get the tracking number. I replied to the sponsor about it and still haven’t heard back. Again, thankfully I had an unclaimed one or I would have had one unhappy winner.

I’m with ya on, it’s not necessarily about the prize, but the lack of communication in trying to correct the situation. I hope this gets resolved quickly 🙁

Bren & Titan @ Pibbles & Me

I’m still waiting for a prize (Vacuum cleaner, won by my @Sanjeethecat) from a #blogpawty last year, too. The same November party, I think. It’s disappointing. I do understand that there are all sorts of circumstances that can delay things, but communication is extremely important. For me it’s particularly disappointing as I work with many Twitter parties and hate for them to get a reputation of not sending the prizes.

GIZMO GEODOG
      @jgandb

I agree Robyn…it’s the lack of communication that is so frustrating…And yes, being involved with the #nipclub parties, where the prizes are generally sent promptly and communication is maintained, does give me the expectation that Blogpaws will follow suit. I received a prize from the January monthly party within two weeks, and that was shipped from England.

Chloe
      Keymaster
      @chloe1

Hi Gizmo,

Please accept my deepest apologies about this situation. I just sent you an email as well. I am rectifying this situation today. You won two prizes and they will be shipped overnight to you today. We will also evaluate both our process for sending out prizes and our follow up communication about them. Your experience is not ok and we will fix that. We value all of our friends, furry and not, and each of them is important to us.

I am going to follow up with you again via email to give you whatever information I have regarding your prize being on its way and I hope you will tell me what your favorite treats are. You deserve LOTS of treats for being such a patience dog.

My sincerest apologies,

Chloe, BlogPaws COE

Chloe
      Keymaster
      @chloe1

Hi George,

Wow. Another one. I’m embarrassed and confused. Was your prize possibly won during the Anipal Acadmey Awards in November? I’m trying to find where we gave away Bissell products so I can be sure you get what you won too. Can you give me any further information? I want to send you an email as well so we can get this straightened. It’s definitely not ok and I will make it right.

I’m VERY sorry!

With my tail between my legs,

Chloe

George the Duck & Typist Robyn said:

I’m still waiting for a prize (Vacuum cleaner, won by my @Sanjeethecat) from a #blogpawty last year, too. The same November party, I think. It’s disappointing. I do understand that there are all sorts of circumstances that can delay things, but communication is extremely important. For me it’s particularly disappointing as I work with many Twitter parties and hate for them to get a reputation of not sending the prizes.

GIZMO GEODOG
      @jgandb

To everyone who has seen this…

I want to thank Chloe for following up so quickly and know that I am thoroughly satisfied with the response. I was reluctant to post publicly and did not mean to embarrass anyone. Blogpaws has come through, and if this in any way helps them clear up some glitches in the process so it runs smoother going forward that’s a positive result.

Hi Chloe,

It was the pawty 11/13/12, the Surprise Party re Pets360.com. The Anipal Times even mentions @Sanjeethecat winning the vacuum at http://www.anipaltimes.com/2012/11/pawties-and-events-20-november-2012/. I don’t recall whether it was a Bissell or some other type, and that pawty is not mentioned on the Blogpawty blog.

Thanks!

George (and my cat Sanjee) and Robyn

Chloe DiVita said:

Hi George,

Wow. Another one. I’m embarrassed and confused. Was your prize possibly won during the Anipal Acadmey Awards in November? I’m trying to find where we gave away Bissell products so I can be sure you get what you won too. Can you give me any further information? I want to send you an email as well so we can get this straightened. It’s definitely not ok and I will make it right.

I’m VERY sorry!

Chloe

Chloe
      Keymaster
      @chloe1

Got it and I’m looking into it. I will have an answer – and a prize! – before the day is over!

Again, my apologies!

Stay tuned,

Chloe

Hi Chloe,

It was the pawty 11/13/12, the Surprise Party re Pets360.com. The Anipal Times even mentions @Sanjeethecat winning the vacuum at http://www.anipaltimes.com/2012/11/pawties-and-events-20-november-2…. I don’t recall whether it was a Bissell or some other type, and that pawty is not mentioned on the Blogpawty blog.

Thanks!

George (and my cat Sanjee) and Robyn

Chloe DiVita said:

Hi George,

I’m VERY sorry!

Chloe

Chloe
      Keymaster
      @chloe1

And I would like to thank Gizmo for bringing to our attention a flaw in our process that we are fixing, and for his patience!

I would also like to thank the BlogPaws Community members who saw this thread and emailed me bringing it to my attention right away this morning. I so appreciate each and every one of you.

And, to George for helping me get to the bottom of his prize issue.

Many apologies and many thanks to many pals today.

Hugs to all,

Chloe

GIZMO GEODOG said:

To everyone who has seen this…

I want to thank Chloe for following up so quickly and know that I am thoroughly satisfied with the response. I was reluctant to post publicly and did not mean to embarrass anyone. Blogpaws has come through, and if this in any way helps them clear up some glitches in the process so it runs smoother going forward that’s a positive result.

Thanks so much for checking into it Chloe! 

Chloe
      Keymaster
      @chloe1

Hi Robyn, I just sent you a direct message in the community about your prize. It should be solved and I won’t be done until I know it’s arrived and in your home!

Thanks for your patience,

Chloe

I got it. Thanks so much, Chloe. I’ll let you know when it gets here!

🙂 Robyn

Chloe DiVita said:

Hi Robyn, I just sent you a direct message in the community about your prize. It should be solved and I won’t be done until I know it’s arrived and in your home!

Thanks for your patience,

Chloe

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.