Home Forums Blog Talk StumbleUpon

80 replies, 41 voices Last updated by Jason 8 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 80 reply threads
  • Author

Pup Fan
      @wantmorepuppies

I just joined StumbleUpon, and was wondering how many other BlogPaws community members were using it. 

Seems like it would be smart of us to follow each other on there, and then we can Stumble any great content we find/like on each other’s blogs so that it starts to get into the StumbleUpon database. 

If anyone’s interested in connecting, my StumbleUpon username is wantmorepuppies.  Let me know if you follow me and I’ll add you back.  🙂

Also, anyone have any StumbleUpon tips/tricks?  I attended the BlogPaws session, but am still attempting to figure it out…

Vicki Cook
      @vickicook58

I stumble all my posts. Depending on the topic, I can generate a lot of hits. It seems like funny pictures or news articles tend to get the most hits. I do think it’s a great idea to stumble each other’s posts. It’s another way of saying “Like” and can help generate even more hits for the blog post.

Jennifer Costello
      Participant
      @Coz086

I just signed up, but have no idea what I am doing. I will have to play around with it and figure it out!

When I figure out how to follow you I will! My Username is brownnewf.

looking forward to seeing if anyone has any tips/tricks

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

I use StumbleUpon and sometimes hit gold with their system. While you can Stumble your own posts apparently it is best to have a huge majority of other posts compared to your own. I actually have two accounts somehow Two Little Cavaliers and Felissa Elfenbein. I am not sure how the system decides which one to sign me into when. I think the ratio is lots of followers and lots of stumbles before what you put into the system really starts to count. Still trying to figure it out completely though.

Annette @ snoopysdogblog
      @snoopy

Hi There,

Great idea, we’ve just followed you – we’re still working out how to use Stumble properly – our stummblupon username is:   snoopysdogblog

Also looking for tips/tricks – if we find any we’ll be sure to put up a link! 

🙂

Annette @ snoopysdogblog
      @snoopy

Hi Vicki,

You mentioned you stumble lots of your posts, so it’s ok to stumble your own posts?

Many thanks and hope you’re having a fun day,

Annette (and Snoopy) 🙂

Vicki Cook said:

I stumble all my posts. Depending on the topic, I can generate a lot of hits. It seems like funny pictures or news articles tend to get the most hits. I do think it’s a great idea to stumble each other’s posts. It’s another way of saying “Like” and can help generate even more hits for the blog post.

Pup Fan
      @wantmorepuppies

I’m following all of you guys now, I think.  🙂

Tripawds
      @jerry1

I tried it once but it didn’t seem worth my time. How much time do you spend doing this? Is it worth it? Do you see traffic from it? Just curious. Thanks!

Vicki Cook
      @vickicook58

Yes – it’s okay to stumble your own posts, but make sure that you stumble others too or it will catch on that you just gaming the system. I have a Chrome Extension for sharing so it’s just a matter of pushing a button to stumble a post. It asks a couple of questions (Safe for Work, Tags, Review) then push the button and it’s gone! Once it knows what you like, it brings up random websites for you to review. You just give it a quick thumbs up or down, and move on to the next one. It’s fun, but addicting. 

Annette @ snoopysdogblog said:

Hi Vicki,

You mentioned you stumble lots of your posts, so it’s ok to stumble your own posts?

Annette (and Snoopy) 🙂

Vicki Cook said:

Annette @ snoopysdogblog
      @snoopy

Thanks for the info Vicki, gonna try to use it some more – yep, as Bonnie said what’s your username?

Vicki Cook said:

Yes – it’s okay to stumble your own posts, but make sure that you stumble others too or it will catch on that you just gaming the system. I have a Chrome Extension for sharing so it’s just a matter of pushing a button to stumble a post. It asks a couple of questions (Safe for Work, Tags, Review) then push the button and it’s gone! Once it knows what you like, it brings up random websites for you to review. You just give it a quick thumbs up or down, and move on to the next one. It’s fun, but addicting. 

Hi Vicki,

Annette (and Snoopy) 🙂

Vicki Cook said:

Vicki Cook
      @vickicook58

I have two accounts vscook58 (picture of Bunny) and vscook (picture of me). I use vscook58 the most because it’s tied to my Google account.

Jennifer Costello
      Participant
      @Coz086

Thanks for the Chrome Extension tip Vicki, I will have to try that. 

Vicki Cook said:

Hi Vicki,

Annette (and Snoopy) 🙂

Vicki Cook said:

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

I found you!  Haven’t had much time on there this week, but will see what I can find as far as tips.

If anyone would like to follow me, I’m petproductreview

Dan armatis
      @bunkblog2

I’ve had a stumbleupon account for about a month but can’t seem to get it going. I’m not really active, however, so I guess this is a good place to start. Username: ragamuffin68 

I’m actually really excited to start using it since so many of you are on it 🙂

Kevin Newman
      @kev.pont

I’m lunadogslife on Stumbleupon.. Not really sure how to use it but.

Barbara Laurie
      @barbara1

Hello! How do you post your own content on the site?

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

I found this guide to StumbleUpon that might be helpful- http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/stumbleupon-guide/

Barbara Laurie
      @barbara1

Thank you Dawn!

Pup Fan
      @wantmorepuppies

Thanks, Dawn!  That was really helpful.

Sue Yellen
      @suey

Hi, my StumbleUpon (just started) name is:  syellen2.  Let’s connect.  I’ll look for you there.  Sue

Doodling Dogs
      @doodlingdogs

We are also on StumpleUpon: doodlingdogs.  I have stumbled a few of my posts as well as other sites but haven’t seen too much traffic from it yet.  Hopefully with using StumbleUpon more I can get some more traffic to my posts.  I do find that the picture or current news posts are the ones receiving the most traffic.

Grace Foley (ForPetsSake)
      @forpetssake2

Going to go check that out…

@forpetssake2

Ok…I’m hooked.  It was really addictive to check out the sites StumbleUpon suggested – such a great time sink 😉

My username on StumbleUpon is ForPetsSake – please follow me if you get a chance.  Happy Thursday!

Andrea Thomson Viner
      @a.thomson.viner

Ok, I just joined StumbleUpon, and now I need to learn how to use it. But I will definitely look at all your usernames and follow you. (Is follow the word? Whatever.)

My username is: athomsonviner.

Andrea Thomson Viner
      @a.thomson.viner

Ok, I am now following all of you on StumbleUpon, and I hope you’ll follow me back! I did have trouble with two usernames: brownnewf and Two Little Cavaliers. I put your names in, and nothing came up.

For those of you who “get” StumbleUpon–is it better for me to use my real name or my blog name for my StumbleUpon username? My current username is athomsonviner, but I’m wondering if I should be using iowadogblog instead. What do you think? Thanks!

Brit Springer
      @info129

I just joined it too, mine is adogsjournal.

I have no clue abour stumble on but I think I added you 🙂

Leslie Olyott
      @leslieolyott

Just found this discussion – glad I did.  And now I’ve joined Stumble and think I’m following everybody here.  I’m in as leslie42363 

Time to go read that user guide Dawn linked to so I’ll have a clue of what I’m doing… 😮

Barbara Laurie
      @barbara1

I am Webvet-com!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on there!

Brit Springer
      @info129

Ok started following some of you I will get the rest of you now that I figured out what I did wrong …lol

I’m adogsjournal 🙂

Jodi
      Participant
      @stone.jodi

Ok, I joined and I started following all of you except Leslie, I couldn’t find you in the search option.

If you can all add me jodistone I’d appreciate it.

Thanks for guide Dawn, looks like I have some reading to do. 😉

Leslie Olyott
      @leslieolyott

Never fails, I always have to be difficult. 😉

Jodi, I just followed you so you should be able to find me in your followers list.  :hi:  (I still have to get to that guide myself as I have no idea what to do on that site at all!)

Jodi Stone said:

Ok, I joined and I started following all of you except Leslie, I couldn’t find you in the search option.

If you can all add me jodistone I’d appreciate it.

Thanks for guide Dawn, looks like I have some reading to do. 😉

Dan armatis
      @bunkblog2

For those of you who “get” StumbleUpon–is it better for me to use my real name or my blog name for my StumbleUpon username? My current username is athomsonviner, but I’m wondering if I should be using iowadogblog instead. What do you think? Thanks!

I do not use my website as my stumbleupon username. This may seem counter-intuitive, but think that using your website as a username would imply an endorsement of all of your stumbles, which I don’t want to do since I actually like using stumbleupon. In addition, in order to get people to actually see your “likes”, you need to have a lot of your own “likes,” which requires a little branching out. FYI add me if you want ragamuffin68 and good luck playing the stumble game! 🙂

bunkblog.net

@forpetssake2

I have to say this is a great thread – I’ve found some great links through many of you.  Thanks!  We’re ForPetsSake if anyone would like to follow us.  

Happy Sundog, everyone!

Andrea Thomson Viner
      @a.thomson.viner

Thanks Dan! That makes total sense, so I will stick with athomsonviner.

Dan armatis said:

For those of you who “get” StumbleUpon–is it better for me to use my real name or my blog name for my StumbleUpon username? My current username is athomsonviner, but I’m wondering if I should be using iowadogblog instead. What do you think? Thanks!

I do not use my website as my stumbleupon username. This may seem counter-intuitive, but think that using your website as a username would imply an endorsement of all of your stumbles, which I don’t want to do since I actually like using stumbleupon. In addition, in order to get people to actually see your “likes”, you need to have a lot of your own “likes,” which requires a little branching out. FYI add me if you want ragamuffin68 and good luck playing the stumble game! 🙂

bunkblog.net

Andrea Thomson Viner
      @a.thomson.viner

Aw, what a great picture!

Grace Foley (ForPetsSake) said:

I have to say this is a great thread – I’ve found some great links through many of you.  Thanks!  We’re ForPetsSake if anyone would like to follow us.  

Happy Sundog, everyone!

Pamela (Something Wagging)
      Participant
      @somethingwagging

I wasn’t too active in StumbleUpon because my wordy posts with bad pictures aren’t the kinds of posts that get big hits on the site. But things with good pictures and list posts do very well. I’m heading toward 1000 hits for my 10 Reasons Dogs are Thankful post.

I doubt it will send much repeat business but it’s a good way to boost your numbers if you have a post that’s likely to get some traction.

I agree with Vicki that it’s helpful to stumble each other’s posts. 

Participant
      @somethingwagging

You can create an account at StumbleUpon and submit it on the home page. But I have a widget on my blog that appears at the bottom of every post. Anyone who wants to share it to StumbleUpon (including me) can just press the button.

WebVet.com said:

Hello! How do you post your own content on the site?

Participant
      @somethingwagging

I think I’m following everyone who posted a link here. My stumbleupon username is SomethingWagging.

I hope you’ll consider following me back. 

Brit Springer
      @info129

I now follower everyone that is following me, still trying to figure it out as well 🙂  To many social sites Hah!

Jennifer Costello
      Participant
      @Coz086

Opps! I changed my username as soon as I created it! It’s mybrownnewfies now. Sorry! 

Andrea Thomson Viner said:

Ok, I am now following all of you on StumbleUpon, and I hope you’ll follow me back! I did have trouble with two usernames: brownnewf and Two Little Cavaliers. I put your names in, and nothing came up.

For those of you who “get” StumbleUpon–is it better for me to use my real name or my blog name for my StumbleUpon username? My current username is athomsonviner, but I’m wondering if I should be using iowadogblog instead. What do you think? Thanks!

Barbara Laurie
      @barbara1

Just found you! Looking forward to connecting on there!

Pamela Douglas Webster said:

I think I’m following everyone who posted a link here. My stumbleupon username is SomethingWagging.

I hope you’ll consider following me back. 

Barbara Laurie
      @barbara1

Hi Guys! I think/hope I am now following everyone!

Want to try an expirment and each post a link to 1 of our discoveries on here? Even though we all have followers, sometimes I notice some of my entries won’t even get a single hit. Maybe if we all at least view another’s once, it will elevate the posts and some will take off?

If you post a link to your StumbleUpon discovery on here, I will definitely view it!

Here’s one of mine if anyone wants to check it out: http://su.pr/2aAyLy

Sue Yellen
      @suey

Hi all, I just changed my StumbleUpon name to “Sue Yellen” (my real name).  I want to follow everyone from Blogpaws.  So I guess we need to search one another out.  Sue

Sue Yellen
      @suey

Does anyone know what FAVs mean on StumbleUpon?

Dan armatis
      @bunkblog2

favorites 

Sue Yellen said:

Does anyone know what FAVs mean on StumbleUpon?

Melody McKinnon
      @MelodyM

My SU username is MelodyMcKinnon

Now I’m stumbling off to find all of you… and I don’t mean I’ve been into the eggnog and I’m coming over ;-). 

Thanks!

Lisa
      Participant
      @heartprintspets

I’m still an amateur Stumbler, but I’m going to look all of  you up!  My username is Faecrafter.

Jodi
      Participant
      @stone.jodi

I haven’t stumbled yet….:-)

Sue Yellen
      @suey

Stumbling is difficult and time consuming because you need to keep on hitting the stumble button (unless I am clueless).  My user name is sueyellen. 

Allen
      Participant
      @allen

Mine is ThePhotoDog and I’m still trying to figure it out too!!  

Carma Allen
      Participant
      @carmapoodale

I am on Stumblupon too! Carma poodale 

Kat Zand
      @kat1

I have an idea and I guess a question.

What if we all worked on the same account? Basically, open up a shared Stumble Upon Account and share the user name and the password.

We can then all go in under that one account and stumble our articles, but over time, the account would obviously have tons of different sites on it.Plus, we can use the recents stumbles to stumble the most recent posts on our own personal stumble accounts.

It is so much work to just stumble my own stuff, and I think this could be an easy what to share the load together.

Do you think this would fly and work? Or is that violating some sort of rules.

I was thinking about it with Pinterest as they let you have multiple folks be admins on one account. Wondering if it would work there and if anyone would be interested in working with me on a blended Pinterest account for the general top of pets?

I’ve been trying to create a really interesting and active pinterest account and you can check it out here

http://pinterest.com/petslady/

but it is a lot of work and wondering if anyone would want to work on something together?

Kat

http://petslady.com

Carma Allen
      Participant
      @carmapoodale

I am CarmaPoodale. 

Pam Hoerauf
      @hoerauf

I just joined Stumble Upon as Pet Blogs United, but I can’t figure out how to enter names to “follow” people.  Can anyone help me with this?

Pup Fan
      @wantmorepuppies

Pam – I feel like it used to be easier! I just went there and couldn’t find the way I used to do it. That being said, I did stumble upon (no pun intended) a shortcut.  Just enter http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/[username]. I just found you by going to http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/PetBlogsUnited, so that should work for anyone as long as you know their username.  (I’m wantmorepuppies.) 🙂

Pam Hoerauf said:

I just joined Stumble Upon as Pet Blogs United, but I can’t figure out how to enter names to “follow” people.  Can anyone help me with this?

Ian Thomson
      @doglover.thomson521

I’ve just joined StumbleUpon as ShebasLifeStory i think i need to do plenty of reading though so i know what i’m doing.

cd mclean
      @mcleacd

Hi all,

Such a cool thread.  I recently joined Stumble Upon and have added some photos and a couple of posts. But, it does seem that if other people stumble your site, then you do better with SU.  So, it is a good idea to have the little SU button on your blog post.  I noticed that some people do have it and I also noticed that blogger doesn’t have it as part of their share buttons.  If anyone would like the code, just message me or I can post it here if there is interest.

Also, I thought it might save someone some time if I compiled a list of everyone’s stumble upon name that has been mentioned so far in case anyone wants to add everyone (and I followed you all – I’m CDMcLean):

cdmclean

snoopysdogblog

wantmorepuppies

mybrownnewfies

cocomeezer

gotmutt

ragamuffin68

petproductreview

lunadogslife

sueyellen

doodlingdogs

forpetssake

athomsonviner

adogsjournal

leslie42363

webvet (that’s all I could find.  I couldn’t find webvet-com is that the wrong person?)

jodistone

somethingwagging

melodymckinnon

faecrafter

thephotodog

carmapoodale

petblogsunited

shebaslifestory (this one didn’t work for me!)

Lauren Smith
      @laceysbarkery

Here is my Stumble Upon for Lacey’s Barkery / Lacey’s Barkery Blog

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/laceysbarkery

L.E. Mastilock of RascalandRocco
      Participant
      @rascalandrocco

Stumble upon for both http://RascalandRocco.com and my personal blog: http://Sandytoescreations.com http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/leahmastilock/

Participant
      @rascalandrocco

My user name is leahmastilock, but how in the world do I follow you?!

Participant
      @rascalandrocco

Spole to soon, I just figured it out! In case you are as helpless as me: click FOLLOW directly under the Stumble button in top center. Then click STUMBLERS and then ALL below that. copy and paste the username in the search bar next to “Follow Friends”.

Participant
      @rascalandrocco

you are awesome!

Ian Thomson
      @doglover.thomson521

I’m on Stumbleupon @

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/ShebasLifeStory

Christie
      Participant
      @czizo

I’m on Stumbleupon. I believe my account is in my name, stumbleupon.com/czizo .

I started looking for other blogpaws people off the Google document we have. Willing to help in any way.

Christie

Marie
      Participant
      @mariesym6

Here’s mine http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/mariesymeou

Dash
      Participant
      @whskr

Glad to meet you, I always stumble a new blog post and find it a big help. I am happy to stumble a good post!

I am Brushwords there.

Marjorie

Carma Allen
      Participant
      @carmapoodale

I am on Stumbleupon too. I love that site. http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/carmapoodale

Mark Scott
      @mlsctt2033

I have heard about Stumbleupon but never tried it before.  This looks like it could be fun.

I just signed up and posted a couple of my training post.  http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/damiensbestdog

I’ll go back and try to figure out how to follow other blog pawers!  

Mark Scott
      @mlsctt2033

Leah,  Thanks for the tip on how to follow people.  I think I got most everyone.  

Leah Mastilock of RascalandRocco said:

Spole to soon, I just figured it out! In case you are as helpless as me: click FOLLOW directly under the Stumble button in top center. Then click STUMBLERS and then ALL below that. copy and paste the username in the search bar next to “Follow Friends”.

Jen Gabbard
      @dreadsparkz

Ive added a few of you, stumbling is a lot of fun. I’m on there http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/puppyleaks 

Marc-Andre Runcie-Unger
      @marcandre.unger

Added 🙂

Jen Gabbard said:

Ive added a few of you, stumbling is a lot of fun. I’m on there http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/puppyleaks 

Marc-Andre Runcie-Unger
      @marcandre.unger

My stumble account is http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/marcandreunger

Nicole Selig, RVT
      @nicoleleeselig

My stumble account is http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/NerdKatBlog

Jenna Meow
      Participant
      @jennameowlifestyle

I use stumble upon althought I find it a bit confusing to use at times. I will go through and follow the names listened in this thread.

My stumble name is: meowlifestyle

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/meowlifestyle

Thanks!

Melissa K.
      Participant
      @thereturns7

Hey!  I joined StumbleUpon, but have NO idea what i’m doing! LOL!  I don’t know how to find y’all.  I keep typing in wantmorepuppies and it tells me not found. My name is thereturns7 (I guess)  

Participant
      @rascalandrocco

I’ve been on it a long time and get views from it, but other than auto sharing my posts there, I’ve never actually used it. If I can figure it out, I’ll follow you all. I’m at: http://www.stumbleupon.com/leahmastilock

Dash
      Participant
      @whskr

We are with StumbleUpon. It is an amazing resource – depending on what you put as your ‘preferences’, as well as a place to put your blog posts. Sometimes a post may fall ‘on stony ground’ but other times you will get a steady trickle, or as one of our posts did last year, generate over 300++ extra hits. (The post was about a colleague’s Cruetly Free feathers only web blog/shop if you are curious!) People like cute, sweet, funny, or genuinely informative posts. Wordy can also hit the spot IF the post is really informative and important. 

Pawesome Cats (Tracy)
      Participant
      @pawesomecats

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/pawesomecats

Yes, we’re on Stumble Upon under pawesomecats and stumble all our posts. Occasionally we hit gold and get a good response to a post. I don’t use it extensively though – not enough time in the day.

Ryan
      @rycjordan

Stumble Upon has been really great… when I remember it’s there. I should definitely start using it more. I’ve gotten really good results from the couple of posts I’ve shared that way.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/rycjordan

Jonathan Alonso
      @jonathan

https://www.flexpetz.com/blog/the-5-smartest-dog-breeds/

Jason
      Participant
      @Jason

Wow I’ve just spent ages going through this thread, adding just about everyone (some are no longer on SU, I guess the thread is pretty old though!).

I’m at http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/talking2animals

Like someone else said, it would be great if we could stumble certain posts of others to help out. Would love a few stumbles on mine here http://www.talkingtoanimals.co.uk/30-amazing-animal-facts-to-blow-your-mind” target=”_blank”>http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/AD2tGJ/:1F0X@bh5n:l3_q1AOV/http://www.talkingtoanimals.co.uk/30-amazing-animal-facts-to-blow-your-mind

Thanks!

EDIT: not sure what’s happened with that link!

Viewing 80 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.