Home Forums Blog Talk Summer Reading Challenge

8 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Martha Steward 11 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

dinthedesert
      @dinthedesert

I was thinking of hosting a pet related summer reading challenge.  Would anyone else be interested in participating? 

It could go one of two ways.  Either we could do a blog hop and link up once a week to post reviews/thoughts on the books we have been reading from now till september.  Or we could do a contest where everyone keeps track of what they are reading and a prize is given to the person who reads the most books and/or the most pages.  In the first scenario it would require a little more effort as far as making a post every week.  In the second scenario you could still blog about the contest and the books you were reading at your leisure but I would be up to me to keep track of the standings and round everyone up at the end of the summer.

If anyone is interested in this please let me know what scenario seems like a better idea to you.

Annie

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

good idea but I am way too busy with BlogPaws coming up and other things this summer! Catch ya in the winter lol

Sue at For Love of a Dog
      Participant
      @sue3

Love the first idea of a blog hop with reviews/thoughts on books we’re reading.  Unfortunately, like Caren, summer is just such a busy time that I’m afraid I couldn’t keep up with a post a week.  How about in winter?  Personally, I have more time to read then.

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

I’m with Sue!!! People are outside more in the summer and are busy with all sorts of things. Group reading events are much better in the winter months when everyone is cooped up inside.

dinthedesert
      @dinthedesert

Well I live in a place (las Vegas) where we are stuck inside all summer due to oppressive heat and are out hiking and running around all winter when the weather is in the 70’s!  So I rarely read in the winter.  I am hoping there are some other southern bloggers that will enjoy lounging in the AC or on the porch reading this summer with me!  By 10 am it is too hot on the pavement to even walk the dogs!  Like you guys in summer I rarely have time to read in the winter because I am out every weekend dawn to dusk hiking and enjoying the great weather.  There must be other Vegas/Miami/LA/Phoenix/Texas bloggers who feel the same way!

Sue at For Love of a Dog
      Participant
      @sue3

Hmmm… you do make a good point. By mid to late July even the dogs will be lounging in the ac due to the heat and humidity. I’d be willing to try to participate, though not sure I’d manage a [dog] book per week – reading and review.

Dawn
      Participant
      @petproductreview

Maybe a monthly hop instead of weekly that people can link up to? 

dinthedesert said:

Well I live in a place (las Vegas) where we are stuck inside all summer due to oppressive heat and are out hiking and running around all winter when the weather is in the 70’s!  So I rarely read in the winter.  I am hoping there are some other southern bloggers that will enjoy lounging in the AC or on the porch reading this summer with me!  By 10 am it is too hot on the pavement to even walk the dogs!  Like you guys in summer I rarely have time to read in the winter because I am out every weekend dawn to dusk hiking and enjoying the great weather.  There must be other Vegas/Miami/LA/Phoenix/Texas bloggers who feel the same way!

Caren
      Participant
      @cgittleman

Hi Din, I do understand because in the summer I am cooped up inside due to chronic kidney stones (heat is AWFUL FOR THEM)

The problem is, my blogging schedule is also MUCH heavier in the summer (I have two blogs and I do MANY book reviews on both)…..

Summer is just really bad for me but I do understand your point.

dinthedesert said:

Martha Steward
      @picabo1964

Summer reading is a great moment to chill out from the summer heat. Darby’s Story and More blog would assist in readers to pick up a good pet story book. So please connect me and let me know.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.