Home Forums Blog Talk The Power of the Pet Blogger – Please read!

14 replies, 8 voices Last updated by Felissa 9 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

As a Pet Blogger we all have voices to help make a change for the better. We can help educate the public about health issues, nutrition, safety, and general lifestyle issues that people face as pet owners or soon to be pet owners. 

We also have the obligation to do something when we see something happening that is beyond belief in order to spread awareness so that it never happens again. For the past few months there has been a lot of chatter in the Cavalier world about an out of control kennel that had become almost as horrible as a puppy mill. The USDA went in and the person has until the beginning of 2015 to completely clear out and be done. Instead of signing them all over to rescue or trying to find loving homes 107 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels were turned over to an Auction House. This Auction house is the same one as Puppy Mills use to buy and sell breeding stock and boy are they excited about this one. For most auctions they would just list breed and sex and maybe age. For this one they are using the pictures of the healthier of the Cavaliers and the fact that they have real AKC pedigrees behind them.

All of the Cavalier Rescues in the Country have come together to go and get all 107 dogs from the auction and into foster homes. That means they will be bidding against Puppy Millers in order to save these dogs and puppies (there is a rumor that they range in age from 4 months old to Seniors with at least one currently pregnant).  Many of the rescues have a strict policy of not paying for dogs from auctions and therefore cannot use the money they currently have or any money donated to them in order to get these dogs out (the money can be used for vet bills, transport, and care once they are out) and so private Fundraising is what they have to use.

They need help to raise the money they feel they will need in order to first unfortunately buy these dogs and then vet them and care for them until they are healthy. I have been told that most have eye infections and skin issues and that is just on the outside. Only 12 dogs from this kennel were ever released to rescue (several months ago) and so they know exactly what it will take in order to nurse these dogs back to health.

If you could help put your influence behind helping these dogs it would be greatly appreciated. Here are some simple things you can do:

Retweet:

https://twitter.com/Felissahadas/status/535160215118041088

Facebook Comment or share:

https://www.facebook.com/TwoLittleCavaliers/posts/10153329650673502

Repin:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/99994054202273178/

In depth Information:

http://operationcavalierrescue.webs.com/

If you share on your own please consider using the #OperationCavalierRescue Hashtag so that we can show the power behind pet Bloggers.

Unless you are offering to foster or provide veterinary or grooming services for these dogs please do not contact any of the rescues directly. They are slammed trying to get ready to take all these dogs in and already have dogs in their care.

Amy Shojai, CABC
      Participant
      @shojai

Tweeted and shared.

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

Thank you so much Amy!

Aimee
      Participant
      @aimeebeltran

I would love to help spread the word about this. I just RT’d and shared! 

Diane Holland
      Participant
      @missmollysays

tweeted, shared and pinned. Such a horrible situation for such gentle babies 🙁

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

Thank you both!

Cathy
      Participant
      @stunningkeisha

Tweeted and pinned so far.

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

Thank you so much CK!

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

shared shared and shared!!

Clowie
      Participant
      @clowiescorner

I’ve tweeted and will again later. 

I’ve posted the detailed information to one of the animal communities on Google+ with that hashtag.

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

Thank you Jenna!

Thank you so much for helping to get the information out there Clowie.

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

Anything to help. I will continue to share as well 🙂

Felissa Elfenbein said:

Thank you Jenna!

Thank you so much for helping to get the information out there Clowie.

Amelia Johnson
      Participant
      @ameliahere

This is one reason why some breeders do not want their breeds to become popular with the public…they become exploited.  I have shared twice, retweeted and pinned.  I certainly hope that these precious souls find forever homes.

Jenna Drady
      @markandjenna01

just popped by to share this again

Felissa
      @Twolittlecavaliers

Thank you so much Amelia! 

Thank you again Jenna!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.