Home Forums Blog Talk What do you look for in pet store reviews?

4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Victoria 8 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Victoria
      Participant
      @tashigant

Hi all! My name is Tori. I’m new here. This the first discussion forum I’ve created on BlogPaws, so please let me know if anything is out of line.

I run a sort of area-specific dog blog that offers tips on owning a dog in the city of Philadelphia. After bringing my dog to Philly a few months ago, I noticed a need for a resource on basic tips on owning a dog in the city. I found myself struggling with questions that were probably second nature to more experienced dog owners. Can I bring my dog in public transport? What veterinarians are good–and cheap? How can I keep us safe on walks? I also mix in some feature stories on pet related events and the like, as well as some personal posts about my experiences as a young dog owner making her way in the city.

As part of my mission, I want to write some reviews of local pet stores. But I’ve hit a sort of wall. I wrote a draft for my first review, but at about 600 words, it just seems too long. Even when I add photos to break up the text, my copy just seems aimless, and I know no one would stick with it to the end. I think subheads would help, but I got stuck there too because I couldn’t even think of a cohesive, interesting way to title the sections.

So, here are my questions: What do all of you look for when reading pet store reviews? Do you even read pet store reviews? What do you like or dislike in reviews? Do you want to know whether or not it’s good from the get-go or should the verdict be at the end?

Also, you can take a look at my blog here: http://www.littledogbigphilly.com

I welcome any sort of comment or criticism of my blog as well!

Thanks! (:

Debbie Lamb
      @deda.studios

Hi – Pet Store Review … I want to know What do they offer for Diesel & me? Do they offer services – educational classes that I would be able to attend – Puppy Play Classes – ages/breed for classes. I also like to know if there is someone that works there that is able to answer my questions about products. Does the store have a Natural section…this is important to me.  Do they offer a support group for pet owners. I would really like to find a support group in my area. When reading a review I like the topics highlighted with reviewers finding below the topic. That way I can read what is important to me.   Hope this helps…good luck. I look forward to reading your reviews. Heck I might even try to do a review for stores in my area. This is a great benefit for local readers of my blog. Excellent idea! If I post a pet store review for my area (Wisconsin) – I will be sure to link to your blog – you are the inventor of the idea! 🙂  

Victoria
      Participant
      @tashigant

Hehe, I don’t think I invented the idea, but I really appreciate it! People review restaurants, so why not pet stores?

Also, thank you for your response. Your input is a big help! I hadn’t even considered the fact that a lot of people look for classes and such in pet stores. So many of the pet stores in the city are so small, so they’re more like boutiques. I’ll probably have to write an article on where to find training and support!

Debbie Lamb
      @deda.studios

Looking forward to reading your post…have fun reviewing

Victoria
      Participant
      @tashigant

For those of you interested, here’s my first review!

http://littledogbigphilly.com/2015/08/26/pet-store-review-bonejour/

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.